• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginner Calorie Program Help.

Drak

Hi,
Just looking for some information or help regarding a diet plan. I have read Fadi's calorie food plans and was curious which one may suit me and my needs the best.
As i have been rather slack lately, i would like to lose some body fat around my stomache and love handle areas, but also increase muscle mass and general fitness.
After reading several articles including Fadi's "Beginners look here" i have started and really enjoyed doing

Squats
Bench press
Dead lift
one arm d/bell rows
Press b/neck
3 sets x 8-10reps
have also included 3 x 20 dips and 3x10 bicep curls.

On non training day will be going to try burpees and some bag work with some light running on weekend.

Sorry to be rambling on here.....

So my question is What calorie program would provide me with enough fuel for the day at work (manual work 8 hrs) and also the above workout,But still allow me to lose some excess body fat.

I am currently 91kg at 183cm and 39 yr of age, thinking it's time to start looking after myself a bit more.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated with diet or workout.

Thanks
:)

Just a comment on your workout....20 dips is pretty high reps, if you're doing that many at body weight you might want to consider adding some weight to increase resistance.

Dkd will try extra weight, so should i aim to do 3 x 10reps then as a target ?

Thanks Mick will check the site out.

Firstly Drak, we need to confirm we're talking about the same style of dips.

There's bench dips like this
Bench Dip

and there's parallel bar dips like this
Chest Dip
Weighted Chest Dip

20 reps at bodyweight for the first one is fairly good, for the second type it's excellent. 10 reps sounds ok, I'd be aiming around 8-12. It's better to do 12 with good form and control (and less weight on the dip belt) than 8 poorly controlled reps with more weight attached.

EDIT - Not sure if you're aware, but there are 2 different ways of doing the parallel bar dips, one that targets the chest and one that focuses more on triceps.

Last edited:
Thanks DKD for the post and information.

I am doing the bench dip, but i am doing it with heels on floor, i will now change and use 2 benches to increase the difficulty.

Thanks for that site, i appreciate the help as i am new to this , feedback you and others on the site have given is awesome.

Thanks