• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginner Help!

skinnyguy

Hey guys, I'm not sure if I should post all this here, but I guess I will find out soon :p But I have a few questions.

Okay, so i'm 16 and just joined the gym. I also just doscovered I can't have lactose, and therefore can't have my protein powder. I was wondering if soy protein would be suitable? I would post a link, but it doesn't allow :p

Okay, so second is food. I'm not getting enough protein, or as many calories as i need throughout the day. All i really have access to is chicken nuggets, meat pies, fish, beef patties etc.. are any of these even good for me? And I work every day so it's hard to find time to cook up stuff. Can anyone suggest something easy I could take to work and eat in 30 mins? I usually take sandwiches to work and it's obviously not enough to eat.

Last is the actual working out. Okay, so I use machine weights, is this going to hinder me? I just feel comfortable using them. Also, i'd like to know if 5 exercises for legs, and 10 for upper body is enough? I'm not trying to get huge (and may be in the wrong plcae) but yeah..I need to gain weight :p

Thankyou to anyone who took the time to read this, and anyone who could offer me some advice on any of this.

The dog ran into my fence yesterday. I went to the shops to buy a shoe, but then realized that you need to buy them in pairs. My poor dog. But I only needed one. He was in so much pain :(.I could buy them, and through one out. I had to take him to the vet. But that would be a waste of money. I turns out he had to broken legs. I dont like wasting money. You should see his wheel chair, it's funny.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm not sure if I should post all this here, but I guess I will find out soon :p But I have a few questions.

Okay, so i'm 16 and just joined the gym. I also just doscovered I can't have lactose, and therefore can't have my protein powder. I was wondering if soy protein would be suitable? I would post a link, but it doesn't allow :p

No soy. Eat meat, eat beans.

Okay, so second is food. I'm not getting enough protein, or as many calories as i need throughout the day. All i really have access to is chicken nuggets, meat pies, fish, beef patties etc.. are any of these even good for me? And I work every day so it's hard to find time to cook up stuff. Can anyone suggest something easy I could take to work and eat in 30 mins? I usually take sandwiches to work and it's obviously not enough to eat.

Your right, that's not enough to eat. All the foods there are crap. Eat veggies, meat, nuts and fruit.
Don't tell me you don't have enough time to prepare meals. I was working 14-16 hour days and still managed to train and cook food. If you can't be bothered to prepare meals, you won't be bothered to train. Trust me.

Last is the actual working out. Okay, so I use machine weights, is this going to hinder me? I just feel comfortable using them. Also, i'd like to know if 5 exercises for legs, and 10 for upper body is enough? I'm not trying to get huge (and may be in the wrong plcae) but yeah..I need to gain weight :p

Machine weights suck. Get a barbell and go nuts. Look for PTC beginner program and get into that.
All you need to be doing is
Squat
Deadlift
Bench
Mitary press
Bent row
Pull ups

Thankyou to anyone who took the time to read this, and anyone who could offer me some advice on any of this.

Use the search button and read a the threads at the top of each forum. All your question have already been answered.
Posted via Mobile Device

To put it simply, no those foods aren't good to eat regularly.

You may try a whey protein isolate, which is a little more refined and most likely be ok. There's very very little lactose in there, you should be fine.

Machine weights aren't going to hinder you, but they're definitely not ideal in terms of revolving your entire workout around them. I prefer to use very little machine weights, you will yield the best results from working with free weights.

I will elaborate a bit more when I get the chance.

mate use the program im doing now
SQUAT
BENCH PRESS
BENT ROW
MILITARY PRESS
DEADLIFT
and optional
BB CURL ;)

They can all be done with dumbbells.

Do 3x10 squat for example, pick a starting weight, if you can make all reps, increase the weight 2.5kg next workout....

To pick a starting weight, start with the bar, do 5 reps, if you can make 5 reps, add 2.5kg. repeat until you cant make 5 reps, thats a good starting weight. (read that somewhere hehe).

its hard to find that starting weight. I just got onto the PTC beginners workout a few days ago, so im still trying to find out which weight i need ( almost got it.. ).

Read as much as you can on this site, everyone here is doing or done what you are about to, so they know what they are talking about, well, most at least :p

stick at it dude, it will come.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow. Hopefully won't pussy out! And not to sound like an idiot (but will)..this will pretty much cover all body parts yeah? so no need for anything else?

Last edited: