• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beginner Workout: Get In The Game

jon

Beginner Workout: Get In The Game

So you have decided that is time that you start working out .Congratulations on making the decision this will do wonders to your body, your mind, and your overall well-being.

To progress forward to reach your fitness goals quickly and safely, you need a good foundation, learn the basics, p ractice proper form and technique. And don't worry about what others are doing in the gym

It wise to develop good habits in the early stages to maximize your gains and minimize chances of injury. The following weightlifting routine for beginners will help you build lean muscle.

Weight Lifting Programs For Beginners

Workout #1

Push Up 3 sets, 10-15 reps each (or to failure).
Body Weight Squat 3 sets, 15-20 reps each.
Incline Pull Up 3 sets, 10-15 reps each (or to failure).
Standing Dumbbell Curl 12-15 reps each.
Bench Dip 3 sets, 12-15 reps each (or to failure).
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Plank 3 sets, 30-60 seconds each (or to failure).

Workout #2

Dumbbell Chest Press 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Stiff Leg Deadlift 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Bent Over Dumbbell Row 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Leg Press 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Tricep Cable Press Down 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Standing Barbell Curl 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Stability Ball Crunch 3 sets 15-20 reps each.

Workout #3

Lat Pull Down 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Barbell Bench Press 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Plie Squat 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Lying Leg Curl 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Dumbbell Front Raise 3 sets, 12-15 reps each.
Tricep Kick Back 3 sets, 12-15 reps each arm.
Dumbbell Preacher Curl 3 sets, 12-15 reps each arm.
Stability Ball Leg Raise 15-20 reps each.

So you have decided that is time that you start working out .Congratulations on making the decision this will do wonders to your body, your mind, and your overall well-being.

Thank you Jon, I do indeed appreciate those very kind words.

this looks good, thankyou.
Leachy, it would have looked better if it was trimmed down to these:

1. Squats

2. D/bell bench press on a 30 degree incline or decline.

3. Dead lifts

4. D/bell bent over rows

5. Military press

And if you can't help yourself...

6. Barbell curls.

The above done for a solid 6 months 3 days a week at 3 x 8-12. Add to that an attitude of full focus and surround yourself with positive people and don't forget to ask questions.

I know what your case is and in 6 months you should add no less than 10kg onto your frame and go beyond 70kg without a hitch.

PS: Leachy, as you gain more experience, you'd be able to distinguish between what looks good and what is good.

Fadi.

Last edited:
The above done for a solid 6 months 3 days a week at 3 x 8-12. Add to that an attitude of full focus and surround yourself with positive people and don't forget to ask questions.

Fadi.

this is so important. if u surround urself in ppl who bag u out for going to gym, who themselves may not go even, or those even who do go, but they constantly bag u out on how u look how much u lift etc, then it really ****s you up. i learnt this. i am slowly making the change to hang out with more positive ppl.

49+ years old beginner

Well after doing weight son and off over the past 30 years and not really gaining that much. I decided its time to get fit and bulk up.

Thanks to Fadi and some other members I have been doing well for the past two months. The last on just weights. I have lost 4 1/2 kgs. Feel heaps better. New diet, thanks to Blake.
Here is my 12 week routine.

WARM UP - WALK/STRETCHES PRE-WORKOUT

3 X 10 40 kgs SQUATS using SQUAT RACK AND BARBEL.

3 X 10 50 kgs BENCH PRESS. (Struggle sometimes)

3 X 10 50 kgs DEAD LIFT

3 X 10 16 kgs ONE ARM DUMBELL ROWS

3 X 10 20 kgs MILITARY DUMBELL PRESS (BEHIND NECK)

I can do more weights on some of the exercises, but was told to increase by 2.5% each week or so.

If you are out there Fadi, I am doing well........................

Stupid begginer questions.

Hey guys, sorry for my stupid questions.
Firstly, what weight should i start lifting? i was always under the impression that less weights and more reps are better than more weights and less reps, is this true?
And secondly, after how long of doing a decent workout should i start experiencing muscle gain?

Thanks in advance