• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bench press, dead lifts, squats

I dont do dips or chins but i do do military press. I dont like doing stuff using my own body weight which is prolly why i dont do much abs. I like the feeling of lifting things the feel of the iron griped in my hand. Im odd I know.

It may be that you are not strong enough to do lift your own bodyweight yet. I've heard that exercises where your body moves through space are the best exercises, ie, squats, dips, chins etc.

Chins > pulldowns.
Dips > seated dip machine.

Pullups is basically identical to lat pulldowns (when using same grip), but pull ups will be more effective. Either exercise, you will still have "the feel of the iron griped in my hand"

I dont do dips or chins but i do do military press. I dont like doing stuff using my own body weight which is prolly why i dont do much abs. I like the feeling of lifting things the feel of the iron griped in my hand. Im odd I know.

Yep you are an oddball alright.
No ab work?
How about push ups?

What iron rod are talking about?:p

i didnt say anything about a rod... but anyways im not doing abs because I am having pain in my mid section when doing any ab stuff so givin it a mis.

Someone once told me doing these three exercises was all you really needed to do do you agree or not? Reasons would be cool thanks.

Last edited:
They are compound movements, involving two or more body parts. most important exercises. The main three excercises everything else is optional.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say everything else was optional. Just to bench press and no back work and you will end up unbalanced. Your back will be weak and your chest quite strong, causing that common look you see in 'cosmetic' trainers- the look where your shoulders are all hunched forward with a rounded back and shoulders.