• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best / cheapest place to but gym mats?

jimmy

Can anyone recommend places to but cheap Eva mats for mma training? 1m x1m and at least 20 mm thick?
Thankyou

Hi Jimmy,

We got our EVA mats at NC Fitness Gear

There prices were great, they shipped them to our studio and I pretty much get all my equipment from them as they have good prices to start with so you don't have to ask for a discount. They ship at wicked cheap prices

here is the link http://ncfitnessgear.com.au

We use the 20mm Eva mats for bjj ground work and then 40mm mats area is just used for take downs and judo throws. good luck with it all.

Steve

Last edited:
Cheers Stevey, just had a look at their website and looks good. Do you reckon the 20mm mats with good underlay underneath be ok for takedowns or do you reckon the 40 mm is a must?

Hey Jimmy,

For most trips the 20mm mats will be fine with the underlay, but not without.

It's just with the 40mm you can literally get slammed down on your knee and not feel the floor below so I think it would be excellent idea to avoid impact injuries. the 40mm mats don't feel much different than the 20mm when rolling on them but they really perform when you land on a knee or your side with someone on top of you.

So my choice is 40mm but we couldn't afford all 40mm when we purchased so we did 3/4 20mm and the rest in 40mm.

You could probably do the same as they interlock the same.

Steve