• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

BEST High quality Protein powder?

vader-nator

Hey Gang,

I am making a comeback to the iron and was a big fan of Nutra Life Protein 90... in a red can. ( back in my day ). It had a really high efficiency ratio and a big percentage of egg albumin, low carbs, low sugar and mixed well without a blender.

Where did Nutra-Life go?

Does the protein 90 product still exist under a new label?

and

Does anyone still use egg albumin powder?

Thanks heaps

Old School Newbie .....vader-nator

I use egg white powder when time beats me in the mornings so instead of eggs I will have an egg white powder shakes with a bannana and oats tossed in.

As far as Nutra-Life goes I think the are still arounf but mainly sell vitamins etc.

Try some of the bulk protein powders listed here

I go for quality not price on protein powders, undernatured cold fliltered new zealand whey is the best going round, either buy in bulk or a brand like say Syn-Tec, Fitness Central, Balance. Go for something that hasnt had a heat process.
AZZA

what do you guys think of dymatise 100 protein isolate powder? It has 0 carbs. My sister in law uses it.

what do you guys think of dymatise 100 protein isolate powder? It has 0 carbs. My sister in law uses it.

They are using cheap fillers in this product, a recent protein percentage lab results put them at round 50-60 percent of a claimed 90% in other words, say 60 grams of protein per 100 not 90 grams per 100, whats the other 30? Castor sugar is a cheap filler as well as skim milk powder.
Yet this is being sold as Elite protein.
AZZA

Fitness Central bulk unflavoured New Zealand WPC/WPI. I'd go for the WPC if I could handle the lactose but I can't, so...

Fadi.

Fitness Central bulk unflavoured New Zealand WPC/WPI. I'd go for the WPC if I could handle the lactose but I can't, so...

Fadi.

More in common with us Fadi, Lactose intolerance. Marcos from Fitness Central has sent me his WPI before, very nice tasting, high quality, well priced and no probs with any lactose.
AZZA

Fitness Central has some good products at good prices.
I think most online stores would purchase the NZ WPI from Fonterra (NZ equivalent of 'Dairy Farmers').
I purchased the unflavoured NZ WPI from Protein Direct - good price, but they've stopped selling the NZ product unfortunately.

I'm absolutely loving unflavoured protein though! Will never go back to the flavoured crap - most of the flavoured products taste too chemicaly.. (don't think that's a word, but I think you'll understand what I mean :) )..