• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

best strength and recovery supplements

murf

Hey Guys,
Im looking to put on some muscle over the next 6 months. I do Jiu Jitsu x2 a week and Judo x 2 a week.
My weekly fitness rountine is 2 strength workouts (pullups and kettle bells) and 2 - 3 runs (4 - 8ks).
My routine is not geared well towards gaining muscle but primary goal is get stronger and improve recovery.

Could you reccomend some suplements for me to take?
Creatine mono?
Is something like Elemental HGH hormone releaser any good or just hype?

Thanks!
:confused:

Creatine mono and Protein powder if you are not eating enough protein.

You don't really need to take anything. The difference the give you is very small if any at all which is the case for most supps.

Supplements don't put on muscle, food does. Forget the supps unless you have trouble getting in protein as Bazza suggested. KB's are also not going to get you strong, they are good for strength endurance and some power exercises. Unless you use them for 1 legged squats and have huge KBs to progress well on pressing.

Thanks Bazza and Dave, I do need to increase protein in my eating plan. Just looking for that little something extra.

Dave, re KBS, I'm using them for squats and shoulder presses. They are not big but all I have. I'm doing my workouts at home so limited to pull ups, KBs and body weight excercises.

The best strength supplement is a barbell, use it.

When you can squat 20 x 1.5 x your bodyweight how big do you think you'd be?

The best recovery supplement is sleep.

a good diet
protein
glutamine
creatine (optional- drink with organic grape juice after training)
pre workout stim (optional)
beta-alanine (optional) works good with creatine.

Last edited:
Cheers Ultra, do you buy online? Any reccomendations for websites to buy from or shops in sydney?

Cheers Ultra, do you buy online? Any reccomendations for websites to buy from or shops in sydney?

yeah i get my stuff from professional whey, bulk nutrients and bulk powders.

i think professional whey are pretty good quality, as are bulk powders.
bulk nutrients are a little bit cheaper, probably not as high quality but still good for the money. :)

The best strength supplement is a barbell, use it.

When you can squat 20 x 1.5 x your bodyweight how big do you think you'd be?

The best recovery supplement is sleep.

Unfortunately, I can do that, and I'm not massive.

im going to have to call bullshit on that.....Would like to be proven wrong though.

I weight anywhere between 71 and 73kg, and the other day I squatted 100 and 110 for 20 reps. I'll see if I can get a mate to video it next legs day. I honestly don't know that it is that difficult.

Definitely want to get a vid of it now, now that I realise that it will impress you :D

I weight anywhere between 71 and 73kg, and the other day I squatted 100 and 110 for 20 reps. I'll see if I can get a mate to video it next legs day. I honestly don't know that it is that difficult.

Definitely want to get a vid of it now, now that I realise that it will impress you :D

....110 for 20 seems to far away to me thats all... l do 1/2 buy it though its just my stephen hawkins legs musnt be as strong as l thought... Going to do more volume on legs now twice a week... Will keep you posted.

....110 for 20 seems to far away to me thats all... l do 1/2 buy it though its just my stephen hawkins legs musnt be as strong as l thought... Going to do more volume on legs now twice a week... Will keep you posted.

I would expect nothing less from you mate. Build those babies up. You want, at the very least, toned and womanly legs. :-D

I could squat 1.5 my weight 20 times if doing only the top half of a squat was counted as a squat.

On the question of supps, Protein powder and creatine are the only ones I'd bother taking.