• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Body for Life Challenge

M

minihulk64

Hi, I have started the Body for Life Challenge 2 weeks ago and I'm enjoying it heaps and starting to see results all ready. They are not major results yet as I have only just started, but none the less, results of any form are great.

I was just wondering if there is anyone on here who has done the Body for Life Challenge themselves, if they completed the full 12 weeks and also if the results were just as amazing as it says it the Body for Life guide.

The reason why I am doing this challenge is mostly because I wanted to test this challenge out as so many people have been raving on about it, even my anatomy teacher who is also a PT himself and an exercise scientist. (I study fitness) I want to see if the challenge is all it's cracked up to be, and if it is, I will start training my future clients in similar training form.

The second reason why i decided to test the challenge out is because the program fits my goals perfectly, which gives me more motivation to train myself 6 days a week.

If any one else has an opinion about the Body for Life Challenge, let me know.

Thanks, Katie.

It's a gimmik, simply train that way every week of the year and there is no need to do wanky challenges.

Most people simply go back to normal after the 12 weeks, waste of time.

Go back to the mid 90's and understand why Bill Phillips did the challenge.

At the time, he offered his Lambo to the winner, was never going to happen, clever marketing as it was the biggest prize ever offered in bodybuilding. They ALL got Vettes instead.

What did Bill Phillips get? He sold millions of dollars of supplements, which you had to take to enter, EAS became massive, as did his mag, Muscle Media. Muscle Media no longer exists and EAS is a bit player in the supplement market, Bill Phillips sold both.

T Nation was a bit of a spin off of MM in the beginning. Now its too commercial as well.

He became a squillionaire, of which I am extremely envious, but he did a lot of good to our hobby as well.

When you peel it back, take all the spin doctoring away, the entire program is based on discipline. This is foreign to beginners, but it is something that anybody that has lifted and eaten well would recognize in 30 seconds flat.

In short, the program flat out works, just like any sensible training and nutrition plan does when carried out by a disciplined follower.

Does it actually seem revolutionary to you. Were the basics not explained in PT school. Kyle on here hasnt yet finished his course and he doesnt need to do the Body For Life program to know it works, as well as why.

My wife did it and yes it worked just as well as the other 100 diet/training programs she has followed with discipline.

Sadly, the ones she was slack on proved they were duds lol

Good luck Katie.

Lift weights, do cardio, eat clean, look good.....who knew lol

Yes I have learnt this in "PT school" I wanted to know tho if the 12 weeks was actually enough to get the results that you see the challengers getting. Coz it seemed hard to believe that from only 3 months ppl could go from fat to absolutely lean.

And yes i realize it's a gimmick but its the actual programme i was asking about.

Yes I have learnt this in "PT school" I wanted to know tho if the 12 weeks was actually enough to get the results that you see the challengers getting. Coz it seemed hard to believe that from only 3 months ppl could go from fat to absolutely lean.

And yes i realize it's a gimmick but its the actual programme i was asking about.

Hi Katie,

I've looked at the program you're talking about and yes, the program itself looks fine. It's a high volume type of a program giving you around 4 days of rest before you do the same thing again. I've also checked their diet. I'm not a fan of low to zero fat diets Katie because of health compromising issues.

As for looking like the before and after shots of the supposedly athletes who have taken part in the program; it's a fantasy! But you're a clever girl and didn't need me to tell you that anyway I'm certain of it.

All the best with the program and just give it your all and learn from the experience Champion.

Fadi.

Fadi, you maybe need to get the video of the first comp, the pics are real, you can see the competitors in the video.

One thing Bill Phillips didnt do was fudge the photos, the videos prove that .

Katie, anyone that has 504 pre planned meals without mucking up will drasticly alter their appearance. Six a day = 42 per week = 504 in 12 weeks.

I know very few people that can do that, to not even have one bit of food thats not pre planned for 504 consecutive meals, and to also never miss a single meal.

Most of my opinions are after the first series of competitors, I never followed it again, but seeing the 12 finalists on video was an eye opener and proof positive that the only thing between the way you look and the way you want to look is you.

Appearance improvements are done at the dinner table, they trained like crap, but they were only interested in body transformation, nothing else. The workouts play a secondary role to diet, and by a long way.

Good luck.

As a teacher, he's done his part. People like this created interest, which will lead to further exploration.

Having said that, anything will improve a person who lives a sedentry lifestyle.

Use what you can chuck out what you don't need.

Bill is an ex-steroid dealer...who was bad at his job, so he decided to sell dietry supplements....yeah .?

The program is pretty basic, but then again, the best things usually are basic. I dont know anybody who's started it (and obviously completed it). So i can't really say too much

And Arnold posed naked for fags to get steroids, both he and Bill have achieved more than 99.9% of lifters ever will.

Whatever it takes.

Not sure Bill sold steroids, but he made millions as an author of his steroid books BEFORE he bought EAS. I think he had 6 or 7 editions from memory.

Very, very clever man.

Very, very clever man.
Agree completely. Bill Phillips was/is a marketing genious. Kind of like the Bill Gates of the supplement industry, found a way to mainstream his product and got extremely rich doing it.

I'm not a fan of low to zero fat diets Katie because of health compromising issues.

I'm not following the exact diet that is written in the book. Coz I also don't agree with low fat. But I am making sure I have a good intake of all essiential nutrients that my body requires. I am however, eating the 6 meals a day and planning most of my meals so that I can get into the habit of eating 6 times a day and the right food. It's working so far. It is hard sometimes to fit in all the 6 meals in the day, but so far I've been doing ok.

And as for the EAS supplements, I haven't been fooled by the marketing ploy. I do drink protein shakes, but I have been trying different ones as I haven't found one that I can enjoy at the same time. They are all just too sweet.

I'm not following the exact diet that is written in the book. Coz I also don't agree with low fat. But I am making sure I have a good intake of all essiential nutrients that my body requires. I am however, eating the 6 meals a day and planning most of my meals so that I can get into the habit of eating 6 times a day and the right food. It's working so far. It is hard sometimes to fit in all the 6 meals in the day, but so far I've been doing ok.

And as for the EAS supplements, I haven't been fooled by the marketing ploy. I do drink protein shakes, but I have been trying different ones as I haven't found one that I can enjoy at the same time. They are all just too sweet.

I read your words and I know I'm dealing with an intelligent young lady here Katie. Please don't force yourself to have 6 meals but at the same time don't get so hungry that you begin to shake :D! You know what I mean, just make sure your blood sugar doesn't drop way low that you end up craving a high GI food. How do you like nuts, as in almonds? They are amazing for your whole body from skin to bones. Great in calcium and well balanced with that mighty mineral magnesium (which is crucially needed by calcium). They've got an amazing fatty acid profile coming mainly from omega 9 (monounsaturates). Oops, sorry Katie, I've got carried away there.

Please ask me about anything you like if you're not 100% sure on it. All power to you Tiger.

Fadi.

Katie(And all),

I have been following this programme.
When I first attempted the challenge I got good results.
I lost 2 belt buckles of size on my gut! (how fat am I??)

In about 2 months. I was dedicated and was jobless. So
hitting the gym was easy.

However, I didn't get the results shown in the book! Then
again I would say that that's more because I was NOT
disciplined enough to hit the gym 6 days and eat as per the
plans(this is my biggest weakness to this day.. eating).

Having said that what I really like about Body-for-life is the
programme only takes less than an hour at each work out. I

HATE to waste time in the gym. There's more interesting
things I'd like to be doing than dry reach in the gym...(Guys
one word DEODRANT!!!).

Also it's quite tough when the 60sec rest is adhered to.
Especially when you are lifting at your PB's.

All in all I'm a believer and will stick with this programme.

Thanks
Devante.
P.S. Now to loose my gut and get that six pac. Who here
has a 'magic spell' for that? Or Voodoo?

How do you like nuts, as in almonds? They are amazing for your whole body from skin to bones. Great in calcium and well balanced with that mighty mineral magnesium (which is crucially needed by calcium). They've got an amazing fatty acid profile coming mainly from omega 9 (monounsaturates). Oops, sorry Katie, I've got carried away there.

Lol well Fadi, I love nuts! Well almonds and peanuts are my fave. I make sure I eat a serving everyday.

And thanks for the help man. Much appreciated! :)

There's more interesting
things I'd like to be doing than dry reach in the gym...(Guys
one word DEODRANT!!!).

Whatt?? You mean you DON'T like the smell of BO? hahaha. I cant smell anyone's BO anymore because I have had to endure the horrifyingly deadly stench of this one guy in my fitness class. I have come to the conclusion that he just doesn't shower altogether... BLEH... :)

P.S. Now to loose my gut and get that six pac. Who here
has a 'magic spell' for that? Or Voodoo?

Oh and I have a magic spell... but hogwarts won't let me use it in muggle world.

.....ignore that, I can't believe I made a Harry Potter joke. Kill me now. :confused:

But good luck with the training man, it is hard especially if your not enjoying it. I never had a problem with being disciplined because of the environment I grew up in. And I was always a hyperactive kid growing up, so I love going to the gym 6 days a week. :D
And as for eating right, It honestly took me about a year to finally get it right and to finally train myself to not give in to cravings. And now I can safely say, I don't even get cravings anymore.

If you need any help with ways to discipline yourself, you can ask me.

Katie.