• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Body Weight training to get fit

Me ? no I'm someone that prefers to train legs over everything else

If he's not going to do weights, the closest exercise and one a lot of footy coaches seem to like
are jump squats. When I played union we used to have to do heaps in training with medicine balls.

Last edited:
the principal is that I'm working towards it and trying to find a balance where i can do all sports. trying to actually body build is only a small fraction of what I'm wanting to achieve. I'm slowly working at getting stronger legs. the amount of endurance needed for motocross is crazy, your using majority of the main muscles in your body the whole time. i include cardio and interval training in my routines which is another reason why I'm not getting decent gains.

the principal is that I'm working towards it and trying to find a balance where i can do all sports. trying to actually body build is only a small fraction of what I'm wanting to achieve. I'm slowly working at getting stronger legs. the amount of endurance needed for motocross is crazy, your using majority of the main muscles in your body the whole time. i include cardio and interval training in my routines which is another reason why I'm not getting decent gains.

You don't have to get big legs to get strong legs nor do you have to get bigger to get stronger and better at sport through lifting.

If you want to get bigger and you are exercising that much then you just need to start eating a hell of a lot more.

What do you do for your legs?

Surely some power/strength weight work - deadlifts and squats
would help especially with absorbing all the impacts and strengthen the legs and back.

No one is talking about bodybuilding. The best thing you can do for the sports you mentioned is get the lower body stronger. The quickest way to do that is squats and deadlifts.

i play field hockey, basketball and do motocross. all these sports you can't be to big and you need good core strength and endurance. getting strong lats with all the pull ups is key for power in hockey as well.

Exercise won't make you better at those sports you compete in.
But the key to power is your skill, do exercise as a means to protect you from potential injury you are exposed to in the sport you play.

I reckon the key to a successful club is a good "skills" coach.

And a strength and conditioning coach that understands the difference between bodybuilding, powerlifting, weightlifting and exercise.
I reckon the fourth is rarely considered.

For motocross, 20 rep squats are the go :)

I'd chuck in some jump squats as well as that will generally help with bball. Sprints also.

And if you want to get stronger than simple progressive overload program is the go and eat around maintenance cals.

You won't get "bulky" overnight :p

For motocross, 20 rep squats are the go :)

I'd chuck in some jump squats as well as that will generally help with bball. Sprints also.

And if you want to get stronger than simple progressive overload program is the go and eat around maintenance cals.

You won't get "bulky" overnight :p

Someone with minimal or zero strength training, jump squats are the last thing I would be doing. Its a great way to fuck yourself up. Just getting squats up will help VJ in a beginner with much less chance of injury.

Thats awesome, I wouldnt mind giving something like this a go but I cant really find any good playgrounds like the one youre training at, how do I find a similar park like that where I live? Had a look at the local councils page and found some playgrounds that could be decent but nothing like a proper park for adults.

You look very fit mate.

Clearly, I would focus on Squats and Deads for your sports goals. Overhead Press to develop your upper body. Looks like you can already row or chin up for hours.

If your not big on doing weights, carrying sandbags up stairs can help develop your legs and leg endurance. Dragging a weighted sled or pushing a prowler would help too. The sandbags and sled being cheaper alternatives. Just youtube some sandbag or sled workouts.

gotta get those legs up man. Hockey players have powerful thighs, for sprints off the mark. Fook the motorcross but good full body routines will enable you to perform better anyway, but you certainly need wheels!