• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodybuilding and photoshop

Oli

I'm getting really bitter about lifting of late. Its something I love to do, but the amount of bullshit in it is amazing.

Nick-Photoshopped.jpg

This is nick edge. Up until 2 days ago I thought he was one of the most impressive guys on bb.com - sponsored by controlled labs, among the top 6 of bb.com's most visited bodyspaces and 'natural'. However, have a second look at the pic:

580px-Real_hard_earned_muscle.jpg

His left arm is triple what his right is, either hes been doing some serious wanking or something is up...

Most of his pics show evidence of enlargement and heavy use of the burn tool. Interestingly enough so do most of the top profiles on bb.com.

Discuss.

some people get a bit too carried away with photoshop , if you're going to make changes make slight changes not things so in your face

you see it in magazines all the time , models missing belly buttons , fingers appearing but no body or arm

Oliver, while thats fucked and makes a dam mokery of guys sweating in gyms every where, don't get too pissed off at least your paying for the little asian guys salery who did the touch up by being the consumer who demands that shit.

Love your wnking arm comment, doesn't even look like his skin complextion.

I'm getting really bitter about lifting of late. Its something I love to do, but the amount of bullshit in it is amazing.

[...]

Discuss.
Lifting has no bullshit. If 100kg is on the ground and you pick it up, you have picked up 100kg. No bullshit.

Looks have a lot of bullshit in them. The fat sliced away from chunky women or curves added to scrawny women, the complexions made plastic-flawless, this is shit women have to deal with. We just get bad photoshops of guy's arms, big deal.

Physical training can change how you look, feel and perform. The looks part has got a stack of bullshit high enough to fertilise the Saharah. The health and performance benefits are much more tangible and measurable, which is why supplement companies and internet gurus don't like to talk about them so much - when required to demonstrate actual results from their products or services, they're at a bit of a loss.

Not coincidentally, almost everyone who comes to the gym only thinking about their looks bails within a few months. Those with health and performance goals tend to stick with it. Looks just aren't tangible enough. When are you "toned"? When are you muscular or ripped enough? It begins as bullshit, don't be surprised it ends as bullshit, too.

Stay away from BB.com and you won't see the bullshit.

Worry about yourself and no one else.

Is it possible that his right arm looks so comparatively small because it is a) much further away from the camera, and b) angled towards his body as he is bringing the protein shake to his mouth?

Or c) who gives a fuck about bb.com.

When you look at that arm on an iPhone and zoom in it looks very abnormal. I'm no expert in musculature but he's got some weird ass ruler looking thing running from his elbow up. His forearm looks like something out of District 9. The light glow around the arm is also dodgy.

in the doco 'bigger, stronger, faster', they show how a photo shoot for a product, lets say 'Ultra fat burner 2.0', with the same model posing in the before & after shot in the same day!

The iron never lies. It's always 100kg. It's not going to be 105kg one day, 100kg another & 80kg another. It's the master.

Yeah it might be photoshopped but who cares? He's not that big to begin with, and I can totally see his left arm looking like that in reality. The other one is smaller because it's further away, angled, in shadow, and covered in tats which destroy depth perception- but if it's been shopped, who gives a shit? That's the game. Anything to create the perception of perfection. If you care that much, then you're still too caught up in it.
Move on, accept that it only happens in magazines, and focus on being a real man.

What has this got to do with lifting?

Powerlifting also has its bullshit:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX10IO3G-W8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Coker SPF Big Iron Open Squats[/ame]

comparatively less so however.

Yeah it might be photoshopped but who cares? He's not that big to begin with, and I can totally see his left arm looking like that in reality. The other one is smaller because it's further away, angled, in shadow, and covered in tats which destroy depth perception- but if it's been shopped, who gives a shit? That's the game. Anything to create the perception of perfection. If you care that much, then you're still too caught up in it.
Move on, accept that it only happens in magazines, and focus on being a real man.

I care. Like most dumb 18 year olds I got into this because I wanted to look 'jacked', it was by sheer luck that I fell in amongst a few powerlifting circles.

3082311.JPG

Nick admittedly is still impressive but thats a very different physique to the shoped bs earlier. Its just pathetic that a lifestyle that has so much to offer is dominated by an industry that specializes in bs and playing off people's insecurities.

I"m sure that things like rubber &/or foam plates are introduced for photo shoots for bodybuilders in some situations, to make their 3 plate bench, while 4% body fat look even more impressive!

Supplement/Bodybuilding advertising is a joke - but it works - if ppl fall for it (which they do in the millions) then to bad for them.

Supplement industry is bigger than the gym industry now lol - more ppl prob take supplements than they do consistently train.

In Canberra there is a good 9-10 supplement stores within 30km lol

Powerlifting also has its bullshit:

YouTube - Coker SPF Big Iron Open Squats

comparatively less so however.

I care. Like most dumb 18 year olds I got into this because I wanted to look 'jacked', it was by sheer luck that I fell in amongst a few powerlifting circles.

3082311.JPG

Nick admittedly is still impressive but thats a very different physique to the shoped bs earlier. Its just pathetic that a lifestyle that has so much to offer is dominated by an industry that specializes in bs and playing off people's insecurities.

Thats the entirety of the marketing industry. Get used to it and move past it.

I"m sure that things like rubber &/or foam plates are introduced for photo shoots for bodybuilders in some situations, to make their 3 plate bench, while 4% body fat look even more impressive!

I've watched photo shoots at Golds Venice with the fake plates, even picked them up, back in 1990. The plates were left out for anyone to see and pick up, its no secret.

Thats the entirety of the marketing industry. Get used to it and move past it.

If toyota started selling people cars that didn't move you'd be up in arms.A supplement company sells you bs and that's okay because 'harden up'? strong logic here.

That the supplement/fitness industry is full of bs is nothing new, I'm just amazed how deep it runs - the editing was fuck subtle, a poster here was still fooled after the image was highlighted.

are they for real?

The SPA had previously banned cameras at their meets.