• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodyweight Squat For Reps

It is training if it is specific. Like for a powerlifting comp.

Yes it is training. If not training for a comp, just working on your health then Id call it working out.

Tim.
Yes of course and that's my point, every man and his dog today is "training"

Did 20 x 110kg a couple weeks ago...weighing 112kg, Dammit!
I will do this with 113kg when I'm training again in 2 weeks or so.

gonna give this another go tomorrow as a bit of punishment for getting on the piss too much over the weekend, going try like fuck for at least 20.

OK well just went and did it, weighed in this morning 1.7kg more from my weekend of sin, so another 2.5 went onto the bar for todays crack, 102.5 total.

Yep pushed through and got 20 reps, then did another 3 sets only getting 8 reps out each time, but still managed the 20 as I set out to do.....

Last edited:
I'm planning to give this a shot tomorrow, I've never done more than 10 reps in a set of squats before, will be interesting.

Bodyweight this morning was 83.1kg, so ill load up 85.

OK well just went and did it, weighed in this morning 1.7kg more from my weekend of sin, so another 2.5 went onto the bar for todays crack, 102.5 total.

Yep pushed through and got 20 reps, then did another 3 sets only getting 8 reps out each time, but still managed the 20 as I set out to do.....

nice.

Well, i added 10 more kilos to my squat this week, i am up to 70 kilos now and able to bang out 3 x 8 reps. I should be down to 136 kilos now so still a ways to go but i am getting there for sure.

I managed to get out 20 reps at 100kg (99.5kg Bodyweight). Felt like I could do a few more so will try again next leg day.

Ill try again soon also. Last heavy squat session for a while this week, will do it after pb'ing front squats. :p

Tim.

Good work guys!

I'm contemplating having another crack tomorrow as long as the hammy feels ok. High rep training before snowboarding next week normally goes well :)

I Did 5 sets of 10 ATG reppers at 80kg (BW 80.5kg) in my current cycle of training, which is probably as much as I am mentally prepared to do at this stage. As soon as form starts to slip I rack it straight back up. :rolleyes: