• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Buy coconut oil online?

Riddles

Hi there,
I swear I've seen mention around here of some people buying coconut oil online, so I was after some recommendations on sources please.

In the past I bought from on of those fancy health food stores but I can no longer get to one for various reasons. I managed to find a jar at woolies but it tastes a bit strange - not like coconuts or anything similar. So I thinking of trying online.

Hi there,
I swear I've seen mention around here of some people buying coconut oil online, so I was after some recommendations on sources please.

In the past I bought from on of those fancy health food stores but I can no longer get to one for various reasons. I managed to find a jar at woolies but it tastes a bit strange - not like coconuts or anything similar. So I thinking of trying online.

Nutrition Warehouse sell Banabam 1L jars for just under $20.

Do you guys use coconut oil in stir fries? I am afraid the taste might overpower the food with this type of cooking. I've always thought coconut oil was good only for deserts or dressings.

Do you guys use coconut oil in stir fries? I am afraid the taste might overpower the food with this type of cooking. I've always thought coconut oil was good only for deserts or dressings.

Put a tablespoon in ya coffee :)

I cook with it. I don't really taste any coconut flavour, but it definitely makes things taste nicer IMO.

To put a bit of a conclusion to this story I ended up picking up some Banabam from Nutrition Warehouse. Thanks Bradderz for the suggestion. Also scored a free sample bag while I was there.

I haven't tasted the new oil but at least it smells like coconut. The one from woolies doesn't.

1 litre should last a while too.

To put a bit of a conclusion to this story I ended up picking up some Banabam from Nutrition Warehouse. Thanks Bradderz for the suggestion. Also scored a free sample bag while I was there.

I haven't tasted the new oil but at least it smells like coconut. The one from woolies doesn't.

1 litre should last a while too.

Theres a difference between extra virgin and refined. One has a smell / taste n the other is completely neutral.

So do you go for tablespoons of it or cook with it?

I just cook with it, basically an alternative to veg oil I used to use. Tastes good, especially with eggs.

I've got enough lipids around mah belleh without purposely downing shots of it.

Hmmm I had a closer look at the Woolworths one (that doesn't smell at all) and it says it's virgin/pressed oil. No mention of being refined.

Hmmm I had a closer look at the Woolworths one (that doesn't smell at all) and it says it's virgin/pressed oil. No mention of being refined.

I was at woolies last night and checked it out, it definitely is legit virgin coconut oil. They specifically point out the problem with other coconut oils (i.e. the conversion into trans fats).

It looks the right colour to me, so when we decide to start using it, that's the one I will be buying I suspect.