• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Calves

Hmmm also interested, i'm upto 90KG on the calve machine, sometimes if i push hard i can't walk well the next day even with stretching

Ceffo I might be able to help you build up your calves.

When I read your log I noticed that all you were doing was eating. Whilst eating is a big part of bodybuilding you also need to exercise in order to give your muscles stimulus to grow.

Can't believe an Asian is asking about how to get bigger calves. You need more Asian in you, ceffo! :D

To get huge calves, I just squat a lot - like amac. Plus playing soccer & dancing.

I did some calves work on the machine a while ago, but got bored when I did 2x20 with 175kg (125kg limit plus 2x25kg plates on the handle).

Ceffo I might be able to help you build up your calves.

When I read your log I noticed that all you were doing was eating. Whilst eating is a big part of bodybuilding you also need to exercise in order to give your muscles stimulus to grow.

Roflmao

Yeah I have ok calves but seen some guys playing basketball (Asian as well) much bigger and they just play basketball so just curious

You got me there!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
My calves grow easily from sprinting and all so I try to mimic it as a training with 15 reps and heavy weight with fast tempo for power

For some calfs grow easy with little training , for others you have to hit them hard this also applies to all body parts ,
but i have aways done the 50 to 100 reps heavy as possible but just enough complete this number of reps this works for me ,
i love the pain .

I didnt do this myself, but one of the guys I train with at Kyokushin started doing 3-5k runs (with plenty of hills) with a weight vest to improve his stamina/endurance and grew very impressive calves. Keep in mind he does do weights but has a 160kg bench and a 70kg squat.

Well i did calves before my program now and i did calf raises with dumbbells and they grew pretty well for doing them for a month. They grew in size and they got that vascularinity through them most the time. Now, i don't train them and they haven't grown.

Last edited:
There's a few things involved, basketball running etc provide explosive strain on the muscle which will make it grow quite quickly, theres also the weights route. For me i already had big calves but at one point i was at a job where i walked to work and back and worked 8 hours walking and i wore leg weights on top of me weighing er 120ish cant recall at that point in time, so there my legs got pretty big but more importantly powerful which is an argument for the high rep count method.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to make them bigger really but stronger for sure. I have tried 120kg BB on shoulders for 3 sets of 10 reps and now I do 64kg KB (holding) for 3 sets of 25 reps. The higher rep "seems" to work better for me.

Forgot to stretch them afterwards yesterday, big mistake!