• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Can you still have milk while cutting?

pistachio

I love my milk. Full-cream, raw milk.

I have currently cut down from 10L a week to 3L a week. I no longer drink it just by itself, I simply have about 400-500mL before bed with 10g flavoured WPC and 40g CC.

Can I keep doing this and get to sub 10% bodyfat or lower? Or will I have to eliminate the milk completely?

I love my milk. Full-cream, raw milk.

I have currently cut down from 10L a week to 3L a week. I no longer drink it just by itself, I simply have about 400-500mL before bed with 10g flavoured WPC and 40g CC.

Can I keep doing this and get to sub 10% bodyfat or lower? Or will I have to eliminate the milk completely?

You can keep the milk in. You have to lower overall calories to get down to lower body fat. If milk fits in your plan it will be fine.

same problem for me.
The shit thing about milk is it generally has like 12g carbs per 250ml.
I cannot have protein with water.
i was having about 1L a day and cut that down to 450ml. 3 150ml servings a day

According to calorie king 500ml full cream milk is 335 calories and 23.5 grams of carbs. That can fit in a cutting diet extremely easy.

How many people who have given pistachio advice saying you can still drink full cream milk have actually gotten to sub 10% BF?

Pistachio, easiest thing to do mate is to try it and see. If you find you arent losing BF% like you want to be, cut out the milk and see if that makes a difference.

You will probably find you adjust your diet a lot as you get closer to 10% and beyond.

Goodluck with it mate.

How many people who have given pistachio advice saying you can still drink full cream milk have actually gotten to sub 10% BF?

Pistachio, easiest thing to do mate is to try it and see. If you find you arent losing BF% like you want to be, cut out the milk and see if that makes a difference.

You will probably find you adjust your diet a lot as you get closer to 10% and beyond.

Goodluck with it mate.

Well I never measured my bodyfat but I got down to my lowest level last year after a few month cut. I would guess I was below 10%. I was having 1lt of milk a day at the time.

Well done Bazza.
I still don't understand why you wouldn't make a log, you are near one of the strongest guys on the forum (270dl) and at sub 10% bf you would have to be a rig. I'm sure many would enjoy reading your journal.

I would say it would be fine pistachio.

Well done Bazza.
I still don't understand why you wouldn't make a log, you are near one of the strongest guys on the forum (270dl) and at sub 10% bf you would have to be a rig. I'm sure many would enjoy reading your journal.

I would say it would be fine pistachio.

Not sub 10% currently, about 10kg heavier now. Planning to shed a bit of weight soon.

Honestly my journal wouldn't interest to many people here, it's too basic. Squat, dead, bench with low reps (1-3) That's about it.

Goodluck with it mate.

Hmmmmm, I got to sub 5% while still eating Ice-Cream and cake once or twice a week. Why was that possible, because I made it fit into my CALORIES.

One type food item will not cause you to gain or lose weight, all that matters is being in a CALORIE SURPLUS for weight gain or a CALORIE DEFICIT for weight loss.

Of course you can still have milk while cutting if it fit into your cals, you can have anything if it fits into your cals....but saying that you have to consider whats going to give you the best results...

Hmmmmm, I got to sub 5% while still eating Ice-Cream and cake once or twice a week. Why was that possible, because I made it fit into my CALORIES.

One type food item will not cause you to gain or lose weight, all that matters is being in a CALORIE SURPLUS for weight gain or a CALORIE DEFICIT for weight loss.

I only asked if the people giving the advice had experienced it themselves. I didnt doubt you could get to sub 10% with drinking milk. The amount of people on this site that give advice without putting it into practice themselves is huge.

Congrats on getting to sub 5%, that would have taken a lot of dedication. Im glad there is people on this site that have been there and are willing to share their experience.

I personally found it a lot easier losing weight when i replaced all my milk intake with water. I found i felt less hungry by eating solid foods rather than malk of the same calorie amount. Surely this would be of benefit when you are eating so little for a cutting diet?

I have never been even close to 10% so i cant speak in that regard. Would love to get there 1 day.

I only asked if the people giving the advice had experienced it themselves. I didnt doubt you could get to sub 10% with drinking milk. The amount of people on this site that give advice without putting it into practice themselves is huge.

Congrats on getting to sub 5%, that would have taken a lot of dedication. Im glad there is people on this site that have been there and are willing to share their experience.

I personally found it a lot easier losing weight when i replaced all my milk intake with water. I found i felt less hungry by eating solid foods rather than malk of the same calorie amount. Surely this would be of benefit when you are eating so little for a cutting diet?

I have never been even close to 10% so i cant speak in that regard. Would love to get there 1 day.

Of course, if it makes it 'easier' for you to remove calories from your diet by dropping the milk out then go for it. Not a problem. :)

Good luck with your diet and I wish you well on getting to your goals!

Thanks for the replies guys, you all pretty much confirmed what I already suspected - I can drink the milk, but will have to cut the calories elsewhere.

In the end, if I find I am still hungry most days, but not losing weight, then I'll start having my prebed shake in water instead of milk. That'll shave off quite a few calories quite easily.

Thanks for the replies guys, you all pretty much confirmed what I already suspected - I can drink the milk, but will have to cut the calories elsewhere.

In the end, if I find I am still hungry most days, but not losing weight, then I'll start having my prebed shake in water instead of milk. That'll shave off quite a few calories quite easily.

A cup of full cream milk is only 160 calories.

What is the rest of your diet like? You maybe able to drop a bigger calories from other areas and replace them with another food item that keeps the 'volume' of food the same but has a much lower total calories. Just an idea my friend as there are many ways to skin a cat :)

What is the rest of your diet like? You maybe able to drop a bigger calories from other areas and replace them with another food item that keeps the 'volume' of food the same but has a much lower total calories. Just an idea my friend as there are many ways to skin a cat :)

Have to agree - post up the rest of your diet so we can take a look.

Milk isnt a huge prob - I have drunk a litre a day of milk on a cut before.

My diet is not ideal in the sense that I don't count calories. Basically, I live at home, my mum makes most of my meals (never measures anything) as I am either studying or at work or at the gym or at the girlfriends.

Excuses aside, I think my diet is reasonably good. I avoid processed carbs completely, although I am forced to eat pasta every so often (yes forced). I basically reason that if I don't lose weight in a particular week, I ate too much (or exercised too little) and will amend accordingly. A typical days diet might be as follows:

Breakfast: 4 eggs, scrambled
Mid morning: Some form of meat/veggies (usually a casserole or something), occasionally with a bit of rice
Lunch: Something similar to the above
Mid arvo: Something similar to the above
Dinner: Whatever is on offer, usually similar to the above.
Late night: Small amount of meat/chicken/tuna etc
Before bed: Shake as described earlier.

Ok, so that probably isn't all that helpful, but some general pointers that I try to follow:

- If I must have pasta, I'll have it on a training day, usually before training.
- I generally eat quite low carbs, what carbs I do get are from veggies mostly (my mum makes a bit too much potato which I reluctantly have to eat)
- I generally eat very little fruit, usually none at all.
- I don't snack inbetween meals.
- If a meal is just meat/veg (ie no good fats), I'll have 5-10 almonds as well

As mentioned above, if my weight doesn't go down week on week, then I'll reduce the size of my meals, or do more exercise :)

Also, on training days, I will have 15-20g WPC and 40-50g powdered oats post workout, followed by a basic meal of meat and veggies about 30 minutes later (usually no carbs in this meal).

Have to agree - post up the rest of your diet so we can take a look.

Milk isnt a huge prob - I have drunk a litre a day of milk on a cut before.

I'll record todays diet and post it up 2moro, I have no idea on quantities though, so it'll be rather generic (ie large serve, medium serve etc)