• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO WA State Titles

Sumo

The CAPO WA state titles will be held on Sunday 29th May 2011 at the Musclepit (25 Crawford Street Cannington).

We are looking at a start off time of 10.00am but I will keep this post updated with any changes.

Competition is raw and equipped.

Please note that raw is belt and wrist wraps only - no knee wraps or sleeves allowed.

Last edited:
Yes I will be competing Shrek - hopefully some other guys from this forum will be as well. There are no qualifying totals for states so if anyone wants to compete for the first time this is a very friendly venue to have a go or at least come down and watch and see what happens and introduce yourself.

Hey Stephen, Alvin here. Hope your training has been going well, I've made a group discussion here as well:
Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding - WA State Titles, 29th May 2011 at the Pit

Paullie, Dicko and myself are in.

My numbers won't be big i'll aim for 175/90/190 @ ~78, but hey at least i'm giving it a go :)

How has your training gone and how's everyone at the Pit?
Are you lifting raw/equipped, what are you aiming for this time?
By the way thanks for your tips and advice at my last comp, it's a great environment to lift at.

And for all the spectators, 'You don't get stronger by spectating' :cool:

Im gonna compete. Ill need some advice about choosing openers etc and how to prep though!! cheers all

Hey Stephen, Alvin here. Hope your training has been going well, I've made a group discussion here as well:
Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding - WA State Titles, 29th May 2011 at the Pit

Paullie, Dicko and myself are in.

My numbers won't be big i'll aim for 175/90/190 @ ~78, but hey at least i'm giving it a go :)

How has your training gone and how's everyone at the Pit?
Are you lifting raw/equipped, what are you aiming for this time?
By the way thanks for your tips and advice at my last comp, it's a great environment to lift at.

And for all the spectators, 'You don't get stronger by spectating' :cool:

Good to hear you are all competing – hope Danimal has a turn on the platform as well
Those are good lifts Alvin!!!
My training has been going well mate – thinking of opening 220/120/220 equipped and totalling 580kg by the end of the day so I can compete in the open section at the Nationals (no more old man lifting for me lol

i will be there, first comp for me aswell. if i can get a 450 total @ 82 then i will be happy. looking forward to meeting a few of you.

Squats went well tonight 215kg speed squats (180+35kg chains) felt rediculously easy...a change from the last 3 weeks....spoke to Henry regarding what he was doing re: diet wise...been pretty slack since Lui Maciel left- diet wise- and Henry gave me some good info and inspiration.... so now I'm gonna get into the the zone...also spoke to Dan Macri....saw him at the pit tonight and got some valuable info re: squats which I can apply to myself...since we are both of the physically large nature...aiming for over 800kgs raw...if i feel i can deliver i'll definately compete...aiming for 320kg squat 170bench (torn tricep and pec) and 320kg deadlift

Last edited:
What's the go with dress code/ equipment on the day??
cheers
1. soft suit / lifting singlet (dare I say leotard lol) it makes judging a lot easier and is a necessity if you are planning on setting any records etc. If you are finding it hard to get hold of a soft suit give Henry a call.
2. long socks for deadlifting - footy socks are best
Thats pretty much it - I will say again that raw is belt and wrist wraps only NO knee wraps and NO knee sleeves.

Hi Everyone

just updated the start time for the State Comp - it is a 10am sharp start time at the Musclepit

Weigh in times for the States are either Saturday 28 May between 9am and 10am and also on Sunday before the competition.

Does anyone know who is competing in 82's & what they plan to ~total?

I just spoke to Paul Nay & they are considering dropping the nationals qualifying total for 82's .....