• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Carb backloading

wingman

Super M0derator
I know a few of you on here are running CBL. How are you finding it? Care to share a days typical menu?

im carb front loading its 50% more efficient than other leading carb loading protocols*

*disclaimer: carbs make you fat

No breakfast (well 20 fish oil caps)
10:30am - baby spinach leaves, 1 large rissole covered in melted cheese, half avacado, half tomato, half tub of cottage cheese
2:30pm - the remaining half tomato, half rissole with cheese, remaining half tub cottage cheese, hand full macadamia nuts

6:30pm lift
from 8pm - shake with double shot of carbs, then dinner (white rice and some sort of meat), then desert (last night was pancakes with syrup, followed by ice-cream with heated kingstons), then hand full of grapes.

Sleep, repeat.

I'm going to try it for 3 months.

First week mate.

Only noticable thing so far is better sleep and no 3pm sleepyness I've always had.

I'm trying strength accumulation.

I'll check weight every 2 weeks.
I'm looking to compete at QLD GPC States in April and then GPC Nationals in June while doing this.

No I skipped it.
Mainly due to being like 4 weeks out of comp day, I didn't want to be so low in energy that I might miss reps/sets during the lead up.

Sticky could probably give better feedback as he's been at it for a while.

No I'm not.
All I've really done is removed the carbs I was eating through the day and introduced high GI carbs after training through to sleep time.

Not making any of his shake cocktails, I don't drink coffee and I'm not buying caffeen powder or tablets etc.

I train at night, and I eat a bunch of high GI carbs after it.

Wether this makes a difference to how I perform or look I don't know.

But it is easy for me to maintain that routine.
Hardest part is trying to find a carb free meal if you are out and have to eat at a food court.
But there are ways.

On the weekend I went to Grilld.
I asked for a simply grilld with extra patty and cheese and no sauce.
he goes which bun
I say None... turns out that is an option they hae on their register.
so I get a massive bowl of lettuce, tomato, onions, 2 patties and cheese.
Perfect.

How is your concentration? Anyone running it + studying?

I was. Concentration is fine however be warned during the prep phase (which you really should do) you have a good chance of getting some transient low carb flu where you might feel a bit crap and concentration may suffer. But if you don't do the prep phase you are more likely to feel crap during all the time running CBL.

I was. Concentration is fine however be warned during the prep phase (which you really should do) you have a good chance of getting some transient low carb flu where you might feel a bit crap and concentration may suffer. But if you don't do the prep phase you are more likely to feel crap during all the time running CBL.

Interesting - I didn't run the prep phase (I based that decision on my body fat levels and goals and from my reading of the book and information on the DH forum - not just because I couldn't be arsed doing it) and I certainly havent felt like crap. In fact quite the opposite I would say the following:
  • I have a tonne more energy (especially during the day - mind you you could argue that is from drinking 2-3 very strong coffees in the morning but I did drink coffee before and usually I would be struggling around 2pm at work whereas now I am feeling quite energised up until 9.30pm)
  • I get much better quality sleep since switching over
  • Definitely gaining in strength
  • Dont feel as stuffed as I used to during my training sessions
  • Recover much better from my training sessions - I have noticed a significant improvement in this area since switching over
  • My waist size has reduced slightly but I have put on just over 1 kilo in weight which for me is quite significant.
I have only been on the diet properly for the last month so might not be long enough to really comment but I certainly feel a lot better

well im reading the book at the moment...

i'm going to give this a crack straight after states this weekend and run with it until i go to Europe in July.
ill log everything in my log, moods, energy throughout the day, brain fog etc. might get another dexa next week also...should be interesting. especially while running sheiko.