• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheap Bench

wut

Hey all,

Was looking at gymdirect flat benches, trying not to spend so much and will be kept in the shed, so looking at the cheaper ones of which there is this one:
FLAT BENCH
for $115, and:
Flat Bench _FBEV
for $135.

What's the difference? To me they both seem exactly the same except the dearer one comes in silver, but the cheaper one has reinforcements at tip and base. Considering getting the cheaper one.

Also considering this one from cyber-market:
http://www.cyber-market.com.au/cyberfit-flat-bench-p-223.html
Would the above be a better choice? Says its "max load" is 350kg, while gymdirect's benches are "rated" at 250kg.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Last edited:
The first $115 bench has a 250mm wide seat pad which is narrower than I'd prefer, but the $135 Muscle Motion bench doesn't state the pad width, though it looks wider in the pics. Its also slightly lower, by 20mm, which for me is better. One last thing, the bottom foot of the bench (the end where your feet are) is narrower on the MM bench so its less likely to interfere with where you rest your feet on the ground than the other bench.

Personally, My pick would be the Muscle Motion bench out of the 2.

I actually just picked up the Muscle Motion commercial flat bench with wheels from GymDirect yesterday. I am so in love with this bench, I could really not be happier. I wonder if the actual padded bench part is the same as the MM bench you are looking at above? Hard to tell by the pictures. This thing is pretty heavy too, and having the wheels makes a hell of a difference, especially because I do need to get it in and out of the power rack quite often.

Probably more than you want to spend, but here it is:
Commercial Flat Bench with wheels

Also, don't forget to ask for a 10% ausbb discount!

Yea the commercial bench was going to be my original pick, but it is a ~$150 more even after discounts and also it will be kept in the shed, so I'd rather a cheap bench get rust damage than an expensive one.

Out of those 3, go the cyber market.

But my vote is for spending a little more and getting the gym direct commercial flat bench (I own one and love it).