• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chinup Challenge

jzpowahz

How the challenge works is you start with your 10rm weight. Setup a timer for 2mins. Start timer, do your first set. In the remaining 2 mins you can adjust your weight lower. There is a total of 8 sets and the last set is at bw only. So for example you may start at 17.5, then 15, 12.5 etc. Have to start each set on the 2 min mark. Record your total reps. I just did it as a test and got 56. If you have access to an assisted chin machine you could do it that way also. No vids required. I trust you.

8 sets total. 16mins total.

My example
17.5kg 9
15kg 7
12.5kg 7
10kg 6
7.5kg 6
5kg 6
2.5kg 7
0 kg 8

Will try 8 sets at body weight... 2 min rest and report back....

Bw is around 105kg atm... Adding weight would probably result in 8 singles..

Just to reiterate this is 8 sets total. Not as many mini sets as you can in 2mins and still change the weight.

Had one guy do it so far and he got 95 starting from 25kg. I was thinking, fark that's a good effort but then he posted the vid and he did a lot of mini sets in each 2min block.

Ill do this workout next week mate. I have my workouts planned already for the week. Plus my 1rm bench attempt on Friday

Would be interested to see how this would go as a pullup challenge (overhand grip). I'm thinking ~2/3 the weights used per set or 2/3 the results at same weight used for chins.

I did with 45deg chinup grip first (straight grip kills me for elbow tendonitus) and got 56. I then did it with the same weight but 45deg pull up grip and got 68. Can utilise more back muscles with the pronated grip which are obviously a lot larger than my puny biceps haha

Geez that's surprising, I guess ideally they would converge. My problem is the opposite, I can chin more weight than I can pullup. I'll give it a go when I next get a chance, looking at a pretty big drop off after 3rd set, so be warned.

Just had another look at the plan of attack, how do the weights affect the total score? Say I use different weights but do the same reps * the scores should be different right?

yeah, I was surprised too.

Nope, if you start with your 10rm then should be comparable to my 10rm :)