• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Clicky painful shoulders?

Does anyone else get an annoying pain in the shoulder? And it clicks al the time...
I'll probably go see a Physio in the next week or 2, but I've had it for yonks and always just ignore it as its more annoying than painful.

Anyone have it, had it or know what it is?

Mine used to click on benching till I benched like a powerlifter with elbow tuck, an arch, shoulders down and back, and all that. Solved that issue.

If I try to flare my elbows on overhead press they will click and be very painful. Gotta keep the 'elbows out in front'. This one's a battle for me though.... still trying to get the form down so I dont have issues.

Yeah man, my shoulders give me some grief. Nothing serious, more annoying than painful. When I roll the shoudlers there is some clicking in my left one, nothing some good foam rolling or massage doesn't fix though.

Into my last week of Smolov Jr and all this benching is taking its toll.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I can't see it stops me from doing anything, as u say just more annoying! I might get it sought end before it becomes a problem though

lay down on the floor and press a tennis ball directly into your front delt, sit on the tight spots for a few minutes while the muscle fibres burst.. Amazing mobility afterwards!

Face down so the ball is between the floor and your front delt or lying on your back and using your other hand to press a ball in to your opposite shoulder?

Face down so the ball is between the floor and your front delt or lying on your back and using your other hand to press a ball in to your opposite shoulder?

Face down mate, kiss the floor ;)

Can also be done on a wall, my shoulders were so stiff I needed all of my 113kg bodyweight to release the fibres.

I have always had similar issues with my shoulders.. lots of band work (pullaparts, static pulls through every angle I can be bothered with at the time, dislocates) and myofascial release give me relief.. for a while lol

I have always had similar issues with my shoulders.. lots of band work (pullaparts, static pulls through every angle I can be bothered with at the time, dislocates) and myofascial release give me relief.. for a while lol

Yeah has to be part of your weekly routine as the muscles will always stiffen up again and cause issues.

When I have my left arm raised straight out to the side with my palm facing down, then roate my arm so my palm is facing behind me, I get a clicking in the shoulder joint. Only my left shoulder does this.

Anyone know the issue in my shoulder from this kind of rotation? Will tennis/hockey ball pressure type stuff be any benefit to this type of thing?

It only clicks during side raise and sometimes front raise exercises. I havent found any issue when benching or doing standing presses.

When I have my left arm raised straight out to the side with my palm facing down, then roate my arm so my palm is facing behind me, I get a clicking in the shoulder joint. Only my left shoulder does this.

Anyone know the issue in my shoulder from this kind of rotation? Will tennis/hockey ball pressure type stuff be any benefit to this type of thing?

It only clicks during side raise and sometimes front raise exercises. I havent found any issue when benching or doing standing presses.

that's pretty much what my right shoulder does - no idea what causes it but the stuff I listed earlier helps it

that's pretty much what my right shoulder does - no idea what causes it but the stuff I listed earlier helps it

Cheers, I'll concentrate on some band work. If it is only the slight pain to worry about though then I am not too concerned, but I dont want it to prevent lifting in future or need surgery at some point.

Definitely loosen up the tissue surrounding all the musculature of the shoulder capsule, it's never a bad thing!

I have a ropey bit of tissue on my left then does the same thing when rotating, it's getting better now I've released my entire front delt though.

Mine do it all the time, its worrying cause my old girl just had a shoulder reco and hers started like this. I just make sure i warm up plenty before doing any heavy lifts shoulder wise. Like most people have said its more just annoying than painful/restricting

Definitely loosen up the tissue surrounding all the musculature of the shoulder capsule, it's never a bad thing!

I have a ropey bit of tissue on my left then does the same thing when rotating, it's getting better now I've released my entire front delt though.

Any video tutorials you could recommend?

Edit: I see your link above :)

Was doing some reading on different programs a couple of weeks back, and the HCT12 program has the following upper body warmup. Thought I'd give it a crack to help the shoulders.

Shoulder Circle Big/Little forward and back. 30 sec each
PNF diagonals - 15 reps each orientation
Wall slides - 10 reps
Tumminello’s LYTP Shoulder circuit 8-12 reps each letter
Explosive Press-Up (either on the floor or diagonal against a wall. Clap press-ups without the clap!) - 6 reps
Dumbbell/ Kettlebell Snatch – 6 reps (weight is not the aim here, speed is, especially explosion when direction changes, at the bottom of the movement - change from eccentric to concentric. Think Bruce Lee’s one-inch punch!)

The program also refers to 'Nick Tumminello’s Warm-Up articles (Lower Body Warm-Up - 10 Minutes to Better Performance! & Upper Body Warm-Up - 10 Minutes to Better Performance!)', which seem really cool.

Last edited: