• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Coconut Milk

birch

Hey all,

I was watching the news a few weeks a go and it had Anthony Minichiello on there talking about how he trains, coming back from a bad back injury. He said that he drinks a lot of coconut milk and that it was really good for you. Can anyone elaborate on this? Wouldn't mind trying some.

i usually put some in my shake each morning, from my understanding it has a lot of saturated fats but they are of the good kind. Noobs or someone else could probably elaborate on that.

i saw that news segment aswell. pretty nuts the training he was doing, swinging medicine balls ect.
hes on an all organic diet. anyone with more info on the coconut milk?

anyone with more info on the coconut milk?

It's delicious. Put it in shakes, add to curries/soups to make it richer. Drink the stuff straight, what ever. Has a bit of Vit C, Folate, Niacin and Choline, but nothing to write home about. Chock full of minerals though.

And an exerpt from 'ol mate Wiki:

"Coconut milk is considered very healthy in Ayurveda, and in modern times has been found to have hyperlipidemic balancing qualities as well and antimicrobial properties in the gastrointestinal tract and topically.[2][3] It is also used for healing mouth ulcers.[4] In a study with rats, two coconut based preparations (a crude warm water extract of coconut milk and a coconut water dispersion) were studied for their protective effects on drug-induced gastric ulceration.[5] Both substances offered protection against ulceration, with coconut milk producting a 54% reduction vs. 39% for coconut water."

So apparently it's good for the gut too.

But mainly it's delicious and can be easily turned to icecream.

Coconut juice/milk is almost identical to human blood plasma. During the wars fought in the pacific throughout history, when soldiers got seriously injured and needed a blood transfusion but there wasn't enough time to get them to any medical support, they would use coconuts. Crack one open and pump it into the wounded soldier. It would do the job to keep them alive long enough to get them back to base and into surgery.