• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Compound Exercises

P

pepe

I'm looking around at a few routines and a few make use of lots of compound exercises.

Being a newbie the only compund exercises that I really know about are the bench press and dips,which work both for the triceps and chest.

What are some more good compound exercises

Compound exercises are any exercises that work more then 1 muscle group.

Shoulder Press, Squat, Reverse Grip Pulldowns and double crunch are a few I can think of right now.

following on with what cruxis said

compound exercises are
squats, deadlifts, any pressing movement, dips, chins/pulldowns, rows.

Compound exercises use multiple joints [FONT=Arial, Verdana]and targeting more than one large muscle group [/FONT]while an isolation exercise would use a single joint [FONT=Arial, Verdana] targeting one specific muscle[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]compound exercises for your bodybuilding program:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Muscle Group: Shoulders[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Targeted Compound Exercises: Military Press, Hang Clean and Press, Arnold Press, Dumbbell Military Press[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Muscle Group: Arms[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Targeted Compound Exercises: Close-Grip Chin Up (palms facing your face), Dips, Close-Grip Pushup[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Muscle Group: Legs[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Targeted Compound Exercises: Barbell Squat, Deadlift, Lunges[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Muscle Group: Back[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Targeted Compound Exercises: Chin-Up (palms facing away from face), Cable Pull-Down, Deadlift, Cable Row or T-Bar Row[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Muscle Group: Chest[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Targeted Compound Exercises: Pushup, Dips, Bench Press, Incline Bench Press[/FONT]

someone unearthed an ancient thread in general topics. I searched their profiles and bumped anything particularly lulz.