• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Constipation and protein powder

M

MADDYSMUM

Is anyone experiencing this. Although I drink heaps and heaps of water, and eating prunes(thanks Fadi:)) I am finding that I am a bit wound up.
Was wondering what would be the best thing to cure this please:p?

What is your diet like If I may ask? Constipation is due to the result of poor digestive and the intestine removes too much water and the food probably sitting in your intestine for too long. But apparently prunes are meant to be best remedy against constipation. Trying eatting other fruits, veggies, soups or fiber and if that doesn't work, then go to the doctors and they may prescript you with pills.

It is not uncommon in a high protein diet. You will most probably need more fibre.

I eat 3-4 cups of vegies, and 2 fruits a day(skin on), so no probs there. I am just starting out with protein powder, so maybe its just a reaction to my body absorbing it. I might try metamucal

Could it have something to do with the Myocell? Do you know how much protein you are consuming per day.

Do you have a sensistive stomach normally? I do and after trying several different protein powders have avoided them for some time now. If eat them or anything processed I always pay for it.

I am not too sure about the Myocell, I have to take a look at the protein on that. But I am having the ISO-100 and the myocell, plus my normal diet.

Do not buy Metamucil if you want to save $$$.
Go to health food store and buy physillium husks, much cheaper.

Try to stay away from commercial products where possible, they are usually overpriced.

Do not buy Metamucil if you want to save $$$.
Go to health food store and buy physillium husks, much cheaper.

Try to stay away from commercial products where possible, they are usually overpriced.

very good advice!

Relax Angie.

I was just going to write "relax", but thought I might not be fully understood. So yes, relax, calm down and all this goodie type of emotions, especially when eating. Why?

Well it all begins before you put food in your mouth Angie. Are you worried or anxious about something? Are you in a rush and some sort of panic? You know how when you're hungry, your saliva gland begins to work overtime and you beging to "drool" over the thought of eating something nice etc? Well, the opposite is also true. Instead of looking forward to eating with "open arms", you instead may be worrying whether what you intend to eat is going to make you a little fatter or whatever negative thought may enter your mind at the time.

No good digestion takes place in your mouth due to not having enough saliva there or due to rushing and not chewing properly. The food goes down into your tummy but does not get digested properly since it has not been really broken down in your mouth by your saliva (and teeth). This in turn will cause problems with your digestion, which in turn causes irritation and inflammation in your stomach. This triggers your adrenal glands to produce cortisol (ouch! that's catabolic remember) it's the stress hormone responding to the above problem. This release of cortisol works as a powerful anti-inflammatory, needed to reduce the inflammation in your stomach. Can you see where I'm going with this Angie (and everyone else), it’s a chain reaction caused because you were simply not relaxed and in the right mood for food!

I'll stop here what'd you think?

Fadi.

YEP I totally understand what you are saying. I do pick my foods, and I sit and eat slowly. I am always stressed though, this comes with having a business to run, customers who tick me off with ignorance, family life and all the rest that comes with it.
I have gone back to being 'regular'. I do think its the protein powder and the myocell I am taking. I think that my body needs to get used to it, as I only started taking the stuff. Those few extra prunes did help:p lol

thanks Fadi.

pie boy must be single. As an attached man, you quickly learn all sorts of things you didn't want to know about a woman's digestive system :eek:

haha and you are 100 % right. I admit it. My hubby thinks my farts are worse than eggs..sorry. Especially with the supps.

no I'm very attached, I was just posting for that sake of it. (even though I have been with my girl for ages now, I still think girls farting and pooing is gross and funny at the same time. I can't help but laugh and she hates it hahaha)

lol..yes well my husband hates it as anyone would, and tells me to leave the room. After 10 minutes though he is laughing :)

eewwwwww, that's gross.

Girls don't get constipated, the fart talcum powder and poo rainbows, right?

I live in imagination land too, where women are neat, don't burp, fart, crap, smell, drink beer from a can etc. as these are only done by grubby dudes like myself...

most normal women are wonderful to know about as long as their Inside is not analyzed biologically. :D

Last edited:
lol well said. As long as us females have a butt hole, we are going to be just as gross as any male :) But we are lovely to analyze! hehe