• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cottage Cheese Sodium

Sydking

Just noticed this......

524mg per 125G

thats a pretty siazable ammount, considering i eat about 300g of the stuff.

Mixed views on this, It is something to worry about?

one ones il eat are coles home brand... Best flavour and texture, and Dairy farmers full fat.

All the low fat are pretty avg, and there used to be a brand i grew up on as a kid but no longer around.

I've changed from cottage cheese to Chobani yoghurt, tastes whole lot better and lot less salt.

bit less Protien per 100G, But otherwise a good change up, will stock up on a few.

Cottage cheese flavour wise....Is pretty good to me :)

what is you're reasoning for worry about the sodium content?

If you don't have hypertension and you are regularly exercising then you're sodium needs will be higher than RDI of sedentary individuals.

If you are worried about water weight changes then sodium/potassium ratio is more important.

There is potassium in cottage cheese too. Potassium in cottage cheese - cottage cheese Potassium

And then eat some spinach after (or I think you could even mix it in if you were game!)

what is you're reasoning for worry about the sodium content?

If you don't have hypertension and you are regularly exercising then you're sodium needs will be higher than RDI of sedentary individuals.

If you are worried about water weight changes then sodium/potassium ratio is more important.

There is potassium in cottage cheese too. Potassium in cottage cheese - cottage cheese Potassium

And then eat some spinach after (or I think you could even mix it in if you were game!)

Cottage cheese, Spinach, onion and pine nut filo pastry rolls.

Best dam snack!!!

Cottage cheese looks smells and tastes like baby vomit. Public service announcement. You're welcome.

I think it would taste a lot better if cottage cheese was replaced with ricotta...

i usually do a mix, but i tend to save my riccotta to mix in with pasta, or mixed up with honey and cinimon and spread over toast topped with sliced strawberrys :)

Oh, And store bought riccotta is horrid, Try the fresh stuff thats comes in the cheese basket ( looks like a pasta strainer) and you wont turn back.

Used to love my italian deli that came every second week, Fresh deli in the back of a truck :) straight to your door :)

Sydking, I get the 1kg that comes in cheese basket. I add it to everything. Pasta, pasta sauce, meat balls etc... got to use it up :D

Then youre supposed to add the flavours.

Peanut/maple/coconut sludge I made tonight was delicious!