• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

Just get a spoon full and eat it, very easy, especially when washed down with some ... grape juice

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuTjQLfU6Gk[/YOUTUBE]

In all seriousness, though; I put a teaspoon of creatine into a small glass, pour orange juice in, mix it around, then while all the creatine is swirling around I just gulp the whole thing.

I also DON'T recommend mixing it with vodka cruisers. I don't care how smashed you want to get while playing counter-strike after a workout.

Last edited:
I get my creatine from steak or mince...... or steak. There is plenty of it in red meat. It's very rarely gritty unless I drop it and the creatine in it is free.

Part of the non responder thing could be people who eat lots of red meat.

I gave up supplementing creatine ages ago because I don't believe it contributes to additional muscle. It definitely adds weight through intramuscular water retention. Makes it the perfect rort because almost everyone gets a quick response and we all love that. Putting sand in your pockets will make you heavier as well and if anyone's interested I have plenty of sand I can sell you.

There are still people posting here about mixing creatine with citrus juices despite several people advising against it. That is the perfect way to guarantee that a dubious supplement is rendered useless. Do not mix creatine with acidic juices, it degrades to creatinine and is a toxin. Another catch is mixing it in water and then leaving it in the fridge. Creatine is not stable once mixed and will degrade, consume it straight away.

At least it's cheap now, when I first bought it in 94 it was $60 for 300g and that was cost price. ;)

There are still people posting here about mixing creatine with citrus juices despite several people advising against it. That is the perfect way to guarantee that a dubious supplement is rendered useless. Do not mix creatine with acidic juices, it degrades to creatinine and is a toxin

I don't mix it with orange juice but wondering why this is? The stomach would be more acidic than orange juice so I don't understand why mixing it with citrus juice would have a negative effect on the creatine.

I don't mix it with orange juice but wondering why this is? The stomach would be more acidic than orange juice so I don't understand why mixing it with citrus juice would have a negative effect on the creatine.

Don't know but citric acid is different to gastric acid (think it's hydrochloric) so the chemical reaction might be very different.

:confused:

Please people Creatine like $19 per kilo, and you take 5 grams a day, $19 does not buy a whole lot of steak, and certainly not enough steak to provide a years worth of creatine.

:confused:

Please people Creatine like $19 per kilo, and you take 5 grams a day, $19 does not buy a whole lot of steak, and certainly not enough steak to provide a years worth of creatine.

But I don't buy my steak Mick. I chase cows for a living. :)

I was making the point that if you eat a reasonable amount of red meat creatine supplementation is unnecessary. Still you have a point, at $19 kg you aren't wasting much money.

so i've been mixing creatine mono with orange gatorade (tastes nice ;) ) but noticed it seemed to dissolve a bit too easily...

gatorade has food acids 330 and 331.... citric acid... (ie, same as orange juice)

so is the gatorade is killing the creatine??

But I don't buy my steak Mick. I chase cows for a living. :)

I was making the point that if you eat a reasonable amount of red meat creatine supplementation is unnecessary. Still you have a point, at $19 kg you aren't wasting much money.

You are probably right, but for $19 who cares I say.

I eat steak about three times a week, chicken and pork the other days, not sure if chicken and pork have the same amount of creatine as red meat.

Good choice. 3 weeks in, I'm not looking back:)

Also 3'ish weeks in.

Creatine is one of the only supplements that i'll spend money on. How hard is paying $8 for monohydrate (spelling?) and taking a teaspoon a day a hard thing to do and it definately helps out.

I occassionally take creatine but i have personally found it better to use in cooler months.

In summer i don't think i keep the water intake up enough; i drink bucketloads but the heat, exercise and sweat loss make it harder for me to keep hydrated.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else had this problem?

Also 3'ish weeks in.

Creatine is one of the only supplements that i'll spend money on. How hard is paying $8 for monohydrate (spelling?) and taking a teaspoon a day a hard thing to do and it definately helps out.
I bought Con Creat... now keep hearing how cheap the stuff is.
$45 for 48 capsules.... next time powder!

I bought Con Creat... now keep hearing how cheap the stuff is.
$45 for 48 capsules.... next time powder!

Con being short for concentrated? Im not sure what dosage that is but unless you take 1/4 capsule a day it seems over priced. Live and learn though.

CREATINE MONOHYDRATE - 250G

^^^ Really, you can't go wrong... It's $7 +postage as well not $8+. l don't think theres an any advantage getting the ethyl ester or the phosphate over monohydrate but l could be wrong and wouldn't mind someone chiming in.

I'm gonna get me some of that Con-Cret. I do not respond to Monohydrate, this shit may work.

Looking on e-bay now for best price. :)