• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine non responders?

D1cko

Extra Large Member
G'day
I spent 3 months on 3-5g of creatine per day, I took it quite strictly, with the sugar or grape juice. For the last month I stopped taking it and I havent noticed one bit of strength loss or weight loss. In fact, I am still breaking PB's every week.

Am I wasting my time going back on creatine? I love red meat, and I think I may eat enough to get enough creatine naturally...

I think your still riding the newbie gains.

Wait until you plateau then get on and see if you bust through, only then will you be able to tell.

I thought I was a non responder for ages I'd cycle on and off, with no noticeable changes, wen't off creatine and pre workouts (containing creatine) for 2 months, Then I loaded with 2x5g servings a day for 4 days and BAM! gained 1-2kg, got pumps I haven't had in ages and gained some strength and drive.

Maybe your staying saturated with pre workouts?

G'day
I spent 3 months on 3-5g of creatine per day, I took it quite strictly, with the sugar or grape juice. For the last month I stopped taking it and I havent noticed one bit of strength loss or weight loss. In fact, I am still breaking PB's every week.

Am I wasting my time going back on creatine? I love red meat, and I think I may eat enough to get enough creatine naturally...

See how you go...if you find that its not doing anything then give creatine ethyl ester a go...found this works better for guys who dont get much outa mono...

I thought I was a non responder for ages I'd cycle on and off, with no noticeable changes, wen't off creatine and pre workouts (containing creatine) for 2 months, Then I loaded with 2x5g servings a day for 4 days and BAM! gained 1-2kg, got pumps I haven't had in ages and gained some strength and drive.

Maybe your staying saturated with pre workouts?

You never need to load creatine mate so next time dont bother...makes no diff....the 1-2kgs you gained would of been water and the pumps again would of been from the water retention....creatine mono wont do anything for you inregards to drive...so that was prob all mental...

I might just leave it for a while as Shrek suggested, cheers
I don't take preworkouts Bradsky, I take a solid dose of heavy metal, as Skalatharx says...adds 20kg to all your lifts easy :)

You never need to load creatine mate so next time dont bother...makes no diff....the 1-2kgs you gained would of been water and the pumps again would of been from the water retention....creatine mono wont do anything for you inregards to drive...so that was prob all mental...

You do get saturated slightly quicker from loading, since I only pay like $19 a kilo, I wont miss 20g. Drive defiantly came from the excitement of the long lost pump + 3 coffees. :D

D1cko - I agree with the music thing, I checked out Freako's log and the vid's on there of deadlifts he posted...the track he put it to even made ME very angry!! lol

coincidentally, I leg pressed 140kg 3 minutes later. Coincidence? I think not...

:)

D1cko - I agree with the music thing, I checked out Freako's log and the vid's on there of deadlifts he posted...the track he put it to even made ME very angry!! lol

coincidentally, I leg pressed 140kg 3 minutes later. Coincidence? I think not...

:)

You were on the forum while training?? lol

nope, I was on right before I went to train....the music made me mad.

Stay angry and I can train hard! Who knew?
lol

I have always heard great feedback from creatine ethyl ester from guys who dont get much out of mono...i.e strength increase, fuller looker...

May be wrong though....

Its like taking a massive swig of salt water!!! Im going to do a bit of reading into this claim. I wanna know for non responders...its a case of more intake of mono instead of CEE.

Its like taking a massive swig of salt water!!! Im going to do a bit of reading into this claim. I wanna know for non responders...its a case of more intake of mono instead of CEE.

I have always thought that maybe "non responders" already have a diet high in creatine so they dont see much diff...i.e if you eat alot of red meat...lets say everyday pretty much...would supplementing with creatine mono do much? prob not I would say...which would in my eyes make you a "non responder"....

I came of Creatine and lost no strength, I'm still gaining strength without creatine, but never got any muscle pumps after a few workouts without creatine.
Strange, but was my first time off.

I honestly think that people are not going to be able to reliably notice the effects of creatine working anyway. Sure creatine has been shown to work but the effect is a couple percent. How are people going to be able to accurately notice this effect given the natural swings in our training due to diet, sleep and just natural variation. I think people just convince them selves that they are either responders or non responders.

Fair point, but some really have noticeable effects, I got nada after many cycles.

But are they noticeable effects of creatine or just coincidence. Over the last couple months I have had big jumps in certain lifts with no apparent reason. Now if I had taken creatine at one of those times I could have given creatine the credit. Or if i took creatine when I was stalling I would have said I was a non responder.

We have so much natural variation in our training that people are probably just putting it down to that.

It's a bit like the idiots I used to read on BB.com that would give reviews on how a protein powder gave them great gains.

Can't be all coincidence, there are far too many getting good benefits without changes in diet etc

Can't be all coincidence, there are far too many getting good benefits without changes in diet etc

You cannot get any meaningful information from one person, non blinded with no control group and no control of other variables not to mention people are just relying on memory to determine if they have had benifit or not. The benifit is just too small to measure like this and just so many variables to totally fuck it up.

This is why studys on things like creatine have hundreds of people, double blinded and placebo controlled. Not to mention then studies are repeated to see if the results are repeatable and not just a one off fluke.