• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine non responders?

At the end of the day the tiny lil results that creatine is going to give you (if it does at all) wont matter if your taking it or not....

Some ppl think creatine is this magic supplement...no..its really not...no1 has ever got big and strong from creatine lol

You cannot get any meaningful information from one person, non blinded with no control group and no control of other variables not to mention people are just relying on memory to determine if they have had benifit or not. The benifit is just too small to measure like this and just so many variables to totally fuck it up.

This is why studys on things like creatine have hundreds of people, double blinded and placebo controlled. Not to mention then studies are repeated to see if the results are repeatable and not just a one off fluke.
Your missing my point. 1000's if not 1000000's of people have benefited for creating supplementation be it a tiny benefit or more substantial, they cannot be all variables that have contributed.

Just a question . Is creatine meant to be cycled on and off or is it fine to use as long as I want at a time?

You can take it all year round. Doesn't hurt to have a break every so often.8 weeks on 4 weeks off is common.

We must not confuse correlation with cause.

Does the large amount of fire trucks cause more fired or do more fires mean more fire trucks ?

Your missing my point. 1000's if not 1000000's of people have benefited for creating supplementation be it a tiny benefit or more substantial, they cannot be all variables that have contributed.

I do get your point shrek. I am not saying creatine does not work, the overwhelming scientific evidence shows it does. I just don't take much if any notice of the anecdotal evidence of people using it.

Say if it had a 50% boost in strength levels the effect would be pretty obvious but at less than 5 %, again too many variables for any worthwhile information from anecodal evidence of individuals trying it. It's impossible for individual people to be able pinpoint if any changes are due to creatine or something else.

While not magic, it would be fair to say that Creatine is the most heavily researched (and backed) supplement around.
The only reason it isn't touted as much as it was back in the day is that the larger companies can't make masses from it anymore as it is available cheaply everywhere.
Make no mistake, all good pre workout formulas still contain it, and it is no less usefull than it ever was.

The best thing about it is that it seems to have an effect on total strength, ability to increase volume (muscular endurance) as well as hypertophy - through an effect on sarcoplasm, cellular fluid increases and the like.

If you are a non responder to Creatine (or a low responder) it may be that you already get plenty of Creatine from meat sources, so any extra isn't doing a whole lot.
It would be great to see a study on Creatine using Vegetarians vs people who eat a lot of meat to see if this theory about responders vs non responsders is due to creatine from meat consumption.