• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine or no creatine is the question?

Daniel.308

Hey guys

Well lately I have been suffering from in-consistency in strength in my workouts (especially Monday's)...

So I thought I would give creatine a go as I know that it's main function (as I've heard) is to increase strength.

I used to take plain creatine mono-hydrate a while back, I did notice quite a bit of water retention and not much difference...

Though when I switched to creatine ethyl ester (Green magnitude) I noticed quite a difference in mass...

But then again this could have been due to a whole lot of various factors such as diet, training etc as I was on the lebo bicep workout regime... You can't really blame me as at 14-15 that was the craze.

Anyways my question to you guys is:

1. Whether I should go on creatine and whether it will be worth my money/time?
2. Will my mass and strength gains be lost or effected once off creatine?
3. What type of creatine? Mono-hydrate or Ethyl ester?
4. When should I be taking it?
5. How much should I be taking?
6. To get it in its pure form or commercial product?

Thanks in advanced ;)

Cheers

I reckon it's worth cycling some mono, maybe 4 weeks. Mono isn't too pricy and ethyl ester is a joke IMO. Remember you only get out what you put in, so train hard and eat well. The rest should fall into place. Are you aware of doses when cycling?
Posted via Mobile Device

I reckon it's worth cycling some mono, maybe 4 weeks. Mono isn't too pricy and ethyl ester is a joke IMO. Remember you only get out what you put in, so train hard and eat well. The rest should fall into place. Are you aware of doses when cycling?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for your response...

And no I am not aware of dosages and also not aware of when I should be taking it...

Cheers

I bought a kilo from bulk nutrients which I'm cycling at the moment. It's hard to say for certain but if your drinking plenty of water you may notice some effects. I haven't had any major side effects from it.

I bought a kilo from bulk nutrients which I'm cycling at the moment. It's hard to say for certain but if your drinking plenty of water you may notice some effects. I haven't had any major side effects from it.

What about your strength/mass gains?

Cheers

Well I haven't done a loading phase so it's hard to say for sure...but my strength has seem to gone up. Instead of benching 80 x 4 x 3 I did 80 x 5 x 3 along with other benchs. I did seem to tire less so I think it does have an effect. Size wise maybe a little more muscular but some water retention as well.

Mate take creatin pre and post workout. Creatine Mono is good. Check Universal Storm out. I would recommend you get jack3d or 1mr. Try and mix creatine with Nitric oxide.

It does bugger all anyway and there's evidence to prove it. Do some research into the N.O scam.

You are a first class idiot.

Do you even know what arginine is?

You owe Shrek an apology, he is trying to save you money and you post a comment like that

You are a first class idiot.

Do you even know what arginine is?

You owe Shrek an apology, he is trying to save you money and you post a comment like that

Yes I am a first class idiot sorry shrek.

All's I know is that the body naturally produces n.o when it is needed, usually during excercise. I don't buy pre-workouts because I think they are unnecessary. From what I have heard you would need to dose with about 12g of arginine before it has any effect on n.o levels, and no pre-workout has that. that's why I say it is bs

Stick with mono.

Remember fellas, supplement companies are no different to McDonalds. They're primarily marketing companies which just so happen to sell a product. They don't care about your gains, only your cash. If they can string a little bit of bullshit together with very little scientific backing and fool 80% of people, they win. The GP just buys without question, placebo and hearsay do the rest.