• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine

GHOSTrun

"We all know that creatine increases power and strength and there are probably two reasons why this occurs:
  1. It definitely re-generates the muscle’s immediate source of energy – ATP
  2. it increases muscle size"
^ Are the above 2 points what you'd call "facts"? Are they tried and proven? If so, why does everyone say creatine is rubbish, save your money, doesn't do anything, etc? Do people have unrealistic results of the product, or do results vary in person to person which would account for the different opinions going around?

Taking money out of the equation, have I got anything to lose by trying it?

Before anyone posts shit, I'm lifting well, I'm eating well, and things are going good, so if this could be of advantage to me then I want to make the most of it while the motivation is here...

The thing is, how do you measure strength/muscular increase, and relate it to a variable such as creatine? If you weren't taking creatine you may have gotten just as big or strong because of your diet. Very hard to measure.

It is one of the cheapest supps around, so trying it is going to be inexpensive. 1kg should set you back about 30 bucks, last time I checked.

Creatine monohydrate is one of the few supps that is actually credible and does what it says. I imagine the people who say it's rubbish are talking about mixes with creatine like most pre workouts or the many variations of creatine like CEE and tri-creatine melate or whatever they are which as far as I know are generally not proven.

Some people seems to respond better to it than others. I personally don't notice anything significant from it, some people take on a bit of water weight or bloat. It's cheap in bulk no harm in trying.

I have noticed the following with creatine:
1. Bit of bloating not much
2. Small increase in strength and energy during training compared to when I don't use it
3. Less muscular soreness during and after training.
4. Doesn't make any difference how I take creatine ie with juice, water or food it works just the same.
5. The more water I drink during the day the more effect I get from the creatine during training
6. Taking creatine about 30 minutes before training seems to be the best time.
7. After thinking about it I think recovery during the training is probably the biggest benefit for me of using creatine.
Hope this info helps but people all seem to have different reactions to creatine. I don't use creatine all the time probably a quarter of a teaspoon 3 times a week

I think it helped me with recovery between sets a little. Nothing huge but every little bit counts. I haven't used it in a while but during winter I'll probably go back on it for a month or so again. Really good value for money.

Just remember there are some non responders to creatine, I cant remember the exact numbers though.

It does work but not for everyone.

If you get it get creapure mono, best quality.

as opposed to the chinese made stuff, which has been caught tainted with steroids.