• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Critique this please

YoHoJo

i was thinking of doing this 3 times a week

Leg press 3x10
Bench press 3x10
Bent over row 3x10
Military press 3x10
Deadlift 3x10
Barbell curl 3x10
Chinups max
Dips max
21's
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C07WgWSY4LI"]21's[/ame]

thoughts? what order should i do them in?

i wasn't sure where too post this as iam a beginner

ideal physique micheal jai white

why are you doing 3 exercises that hit the biceps, when every other muscle is only hit with 1 exercise?

i forgot to mention, that im working up too a squat knee is pretty messed up massive size different between the two

leg press a decent way? or single legs squats or some variation?

they are compound exercises? a whole body workout, i added 21's cause i like them.... too much? also my triceps are larger than my biceps

Military press 3x10
Leg press 3x10
SLDL 3x10
Bench press 3x10
Chin-up max
Barbell curl 2x10
Dips max

For the first three weeks, do this every day, dont add weight or rep's, get it right.
When you get good at exercising, Stick with the program and use a double progressive system.

what do you mean by double progressive?

also i dont think i would be able to do that 5 times a week, i wouldnt be able to get out of bed come thursday morning

just googled it

Last edited:
Your gender says female but you want to look like a bloke? Pull ups and rows both work your biceps, then your doing curls and 21's. That in My opinion is a waste of time.

what do you mean by double progressive?

also i dont think i would be able to do that 5 times a week, i wouldnt be able to get out of bed come thursday morning

just googled it

No, just use enough weight so that you can do these exercises quite easily, this will prepare you, sort of a break-in period.

Your gender says female but you want to look like a bloke? Pull ups and rows both work your biceps, then your doing curls and 21's. That in My opinion is a waste of time.

I got my gender wrong when I signed up, so that's too much bicep work?

No, just use enough weight so that you can do these exercises quite easily, this will prepare you, sort of a break-in period.

Ok, gotta love a trial run, is that to sort of dial in form and what not?

Yeah I know but I think biceps are lagging behind triceps

What sort of weight are you moving, I would hazard a guess you just need to lift heavier rather then targeting specific muscle groups. Really a couple sets of curls every other workout is plenty of bi specific work.

Also if you pm admin I am sure he will change your gender for you.

What sort of weight are you moving, I would hazard a guess you just need to lift heavier rather then targeting specific muscle groups. Really a couple sets of curls every other workout is plenty of bi specific work.

Also if you pm admin I am sure he will change your gender for you.
Nothing too heavy bench 80kg, military press, leg press, deadlift etc not sure. I haven't really been that structured at the gym hence this thread

So just get rid of 21s and it's sweet or anything wrong with keeping it in there?

So just get rid of 21s and it's sweet or anything wrong with keeping it in there?

TBH I reckon that doing one extra excercise is not going to make a difference as long as you have a strong foundation of compound lifts.

The only reason I would not do so many lifts that involve the same muscle during a full body workout is that I know that I couldn't preform at 100% on all lifts. If you can than go ahead.

Its really not that bad, I think the workout is solid but you need to fuck off leg press and start squatting. Leg press is no better for your knee. Just start squats with an empty bar and add 2.5kg ea side every workout, yes its embarrssing to use an empty bar or small plates but suck it up and learn to squat.

As someone who has had plenty of knee problems if squats actually hurt and leg presses don't. Go with the leg presses, despite what people say your not going to die if you don't do squats. Leg presses and deads could work very well.

Leave the bicep work to the end of the workout so if you are going to skip anything you skip that.

TBH I reckon that doing one extra excercise is not going to make a difference as long as you have a strong foundation of compound lifts.

The only reason I would not do so many lifts that involve the same muscle during a full body workout is that I know that I couldn't preform at 100% on all lifts. If you can than go ahead.
Fair enough I get what you mean, if I can do them all 100% I will keep it if not I will ditch one
Its really not that bad, I think the workout is solid but you need to fuck off leg press and start squatting. Leg press is no better for your knee. Just start squats with an empty bar and add 2.5kg ea side every workout, yes its embarrssing to use an empty bar or small plates but suck it up and learn to squat.

Yeah i might just start with squats, the only reason I was going to do single leg leg press or something to even the bad boys up

As someone who has had plenty of knee problems if squats actually hurt and leg presses don't. Go with the leg presses, despite what people say your not going to die if you don't do squats. Leg presses and deads could work very well.

Leave the bicep work to the end of the workout so if you are going to skip anything you skip that.

Thanks what's wrong with your knees?

I was going to finish with 21s, pretty sure I shouldn't leave dips chin ups and 21s to the end arms will dead

Don't listen to Bricks advice about squatting. If it hurts and you have an issue get someone who knows what they are doing to check it out and teach you a way to get into squatting. I've taught a lot of fucked up people to squat and putting a bar on their back is the last step of many. Keep to leg press for now and use learning to squat as your warmup and mobility work.