• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Critiques for my low bar squat, please

Squeeze the glutes, concerntrate on bringing your hips through and as Simon said go to lockout.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice lifting Tiny Dancer, congrats.

What Church was that meet held at and why didnt they allow spectators?

What was your deadlift and total?

lol it's a church somewhere in Hawthorn. Spectators were not allowed to talk and music was off while competitors were grunting on stage - or so it appeared... :p

My deadlift was 187.5 and total was 432.5kg. Beat two guys to 3rd place, lost to one raw lifter and one equipped lifter. I have another comp in late Nov which will be completely raw and I want at least 455kg.

There is more atmosphere in my laundry, it must be very hard lifting in that atmosphere, that appears dreadful on your vid.

Maybe the fans simply didnt like you lol

A change is coming...................

Great to see you on here Minh.

Fellas, for all your lifting attire, Minh is the one to contact, dont waste your time with anyone else, I dont.

If he cant get it, it doesnt exist.

Thanks Markos

Sorry took so long to reply, was on a trip to Germany for the manufacturers and strategic planing meeting, also popped by Czech for the World Juniors

This is my latest squat video (of a comp I did on Sunday):

[YOUTUBE]ywZLIo71XQA[/YOUTUBE]

The attempts were: 145, 155, 162.5 (Fail)

I think I screwed up the rhythm in the 162.5 attempt there, and maybe I should've gone for 160 instead of 162.5.

Critiques please? :) Any obvious thing I should fix, or just train harder & get stronger?

good to see you there on the weekend, and sorry didn't really get to see you train over the past few weeks.

I am glad my initial post on this forum did some good.

I guess you are aiming for raw nationals next yr?

There is more atmosphere in my laundry, it must be very hard lifting in that atmosphere, that appears dreadful on your vid.

Maybe the fans simply didnt like you lol

A change is coming...................

lol the fans were just disappointed as they were treated to girls in tight suits squatting just before me.

The quiet atmosphere did make me a little nervous in my first lift - the squat opener. After that it didn't bother me too much, but more noises would help every lifter, I reckon.

Btw what change are you talking about? Raw lifting?

Minh - no worries man and thanks again. I guess I'll be seeing you around at training a fair bit now that you're back?

Yeah I'll be keen to do raw nationals next year if I qualify. First I want to do the Nov 28 - I believe that's when the raw division will be introduced for the first time.

ProRaw is coming.........cash prizes and most of all, the one thing that is missing..........................competition in the weight classes.

Imagine

Daryl
Blake
Max
Kelly
Nico
Scott
Michael
Dim
Alvin
Matt

all lifting in the same division, not separated by age or pissy little 7.5kg increments, just 4 divisions all up, including age and weight.

Rising bar, no token lifts, no 4th attempts, one weight division per flight.

Finally, it will actually be a COMPETITION, not an exhibition.

Max flew half way around the World, 150 lifters in total, ONLY 2 GUYS in his DIVISION.

Some Federations have over 1000 divisions, raw, single ply, multi ply, tested, non tested, 12 weight classes, 15 age divisions, men, women.

You end up with 1000+ National or World Champions .......

AND NO COMPETITION

Time for a change...............ProRaw

Last edited:
Google says nothing about "proraw"

Waht are you on about :D? New fed obviously......

More info?

This is my latest squat video (of a comp I did on Sunday):

[YOUTUBE]ywZLIo71XQA[/YOUTUBE]

The attempts were: 145, 155, 162.5 (Fail)

I think I screwed up the rhythm in the 162.5 attempt there, and maybe I should've gone for 160 instead of 162.5.

Critiques please? :) Any obvious thing I should fix, or just train harder & get stronger?

holey crap- who is that crazy looking ref on the right????