• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cut or Continue bulking??

M

maimed

I have been on Starting Strength for a few months. Started with a pretty high BF%

Lifts are [3x5]:
Deadlift - 115kg
OH Press - 45kg
Squat - 100kg
Bench - 67.5kg
Power clean - 55kg (Still working on technique)
Body weight - 97kg
Body fat - 18-20% ??

Pros: Just about reached my goal of reaching 100kg body weight.
Starting to get a little worried about body fat.
Can bulk again afterwards when body fat is lower.

Cons: Loss of strength and I am just a noob so I am still not very strong.
I could still be getting some noobs gains???

Opinions??

2i05ikw.jpg

a0cinr.jpg

14o17rb.jpg

2uqfw41.jpg

2ry4ol3.jpg

2zsbe34.jpg

wsry21.jpg

I'd say this isn't a question that other people should be answering for you.

Do you feel like you are getting too fat? Then cut. Do you feel that you are not yet too fat? Then bulk.

Other people's answer will tell you what they would do, if your body was their body. But it isn't and you should do what you want to do.

So opinions are not allowed anymore.
Come on Bro, opinions are what forums are all about, he will make his decision based on our opinions.

I see you didn't give one.

I suggest bulk.

I'd say this isn't a question that other people should be answering for you.

Do you feel like you are getting too fat? Then cut. Do you feel that you are not yet too fat? Then bulk.

Other people's answer will tell you what they would do, if your body was their body. But it isn't and you should do what you want to do.

And if doing what he wants to do involves asking others who have had experience for advice we will give it. Even if he felt fat I certainly don't think he has reached a muscle mass to bulk as of yet. Clearly built a good base for growth and obviously he isn't afraid of squatting so he has allot of potential with his frame. So why pussy foot around it and considering how he may feel when it's clear he has some work to do.

if you 'cut', you are most likely going to find that you don't have the muscle mass that you desire. if you train and eat to gain size &/or mass...you'll gain more size, which means 'cutting' latter down the road will be worth it.

Keep lifting till you bench 100, squat 140 and deadlift 180, then evaluate how you want to look. At the moment you don't have muscle at all. If you cut you'll just be skinny fat, prolly even worse off then when you started.

I think bulk is a term that is over used alot.
Eat clean and lift heavy, you will see better results through this then bulking and cutting.
That is my suggestion.