• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cutting up Q's

For many general bodily functions, micronutients are needed within the body and due to the fact you consume veggies only 3-4 times a week you would deficient in a number of micronutrients and not to mention fibre (even though fibre is not an essential nutrient) .

I agree with this ^^^

If your worried about carbohydrate content in your diet get something like psyllium husks for the fiber.

I would also recommend more vegetables for two reasons
1- micro nutrients as mentioned above
2- reducing acid content of diet (if you want me to write more about this im happy to but i dont want to waste my time if your not interested)

not trying to be a dick but just saying what i think so you can chose to ignore if you wish

sorry to post 3 in a row.

not that i have studied much on meal timing however i would guess that the number of meals in a day would only matter if for example somebody ate all their calories in one meal and then didnt eat for the rest of the day or starved themselves all day and ate a huge meal at night. Im guessing nobody here does anything like that anyways....

i could be wrong however?

sorry to post 3 in a row.

not that i have studied much on meal timing however i would guess that the number of meals in a day would only matter if for example somebody ate all their calories in one meal and then didnt eat for the rest of the day or starved themselves all day and ate a huge meal at night. Im guessing nobody here does anything like that anyways....

i could be wrong however?

It's unlikely that will make a difference either.

Max in short, consume your nutrients throughout the day however you want as long as your getting the required amount, be this in 6-7 meals or 2 big ones. Is this correct?

That is right Pottsy.

It simply comes down to what suits your individual circumstances (appetite, ability to control calories, the ability to consume required nutrients etc etc etc) :)

cool.

Im someone who prefers the 5 meals a day only because i have a tendancy to get hungry easily so i spread my food out across the day, its good to know that i dont have to get so upset if i miss a meal so long as i catch it up later on.

Theres so much science and related studies when it comes to building a better body.

So for taking this slightly off topic.

Aiden keep up the good work matey, looking good. Just remember because your cutting doesnt mean you have to cut back on the weights, continue lifting as heavy as you can.