• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dan Green article

0ni

Registered Rustler
haha, this shit is literally hilarious

West of Westside - Juggernaut Training Systems - Juggernaut Training Systems

See if you're noticing a common theme here. I'll give some cliff notes:

>Westside did not work
>Avoiding the main lifts got him good at everything but the main lifts
>Training triceps for your bench and not your chest (remember when El Freako said this and everyone proceeded to ignore the fuck out of him?)
>DE / Light shit is worthless
>Increase your frequency and volume
>Benching in a straight line and tucking too hard is silly
>Box squats and good mornings are stupid
>SQUATTING IS A QUAD EXERCISE NOT THE POSTERIOR CHAIN (remember that entire shiteree?)
>Knees should come forwards when you squat
>Start light and build up
>Dicking around with technique is pointless if you're fucking weak

Great article

I have noticed a lot of those same things.

Just a note. He wasn't bagging out Westside. Just a couple of elements that were flat out not optimal for Raw lifters.

I personally would think that if you removed these elements then it wouldn't be Westside. 5/3/1 would pretty much be this edited version and that's not Westside lol. I think an upper/lower split is great however

I've played around with designing some decent Westside inspired raw programs in the past but after further refinement they've eventually become something different entirely with the only resemblance being the upper/lower split.

I've played around with designing some decent Westside inspired raw programs in the past but after further refinement they've eventually become something different entirely with the only resemblance being the upper/lower split.

Do you mind explaining the whole chest thing as well? I remember you saying something like "fuck the triceps, just get the chest and shoulders strong" but ignored you because it went against everything I had ever seen before haha

Do you mind explaining the whole chest thing as well? I remember you saying something like "fuck the triceps, just get the chest and shoulders strong" but ignored you because it went against everything I had ever seen before haha

What's there to explain Oni, bench/chest press is for the chest not the triceps
Squats are for the legs not the back and so on, it's simple and has been known since the invention of lifting weights.

I'm not sure it was specifically that, or maybe if it was my opinions have changed slightly, but the main thing is to get the bench strong. The whole bench from chest, shoulder, tris, legs, abs, lats. Just training lockouts all the time only makes you strong at lockouts. Train the main lift constantly, do tris as assistance. Having strong tris won't get the bar off your chest.

For those in Melbourne on the 14th of June, Dan Green will conducting a seminar where I'm sure this article will get a mention. Cost is $50. Contact me for details

Where does he mention that low reps don't build muscle?

You've been doing low reps now for what, 2 years haven't you
And I believe that he mentions 20 rep squats and sets of 10-12 reps with the other exercises for gaining muscle

Last edited:
Nobody is saying low reps dont build muscle.

You're saying low reps alone can build just as much muscle as a combination of low and high rep schemes.

Nobody is saying low reps dont build muscle.

You're saying low reps alone can build just as much muscle as a combination of low and high rep schemes.

Sure, there are many examples of people doing this

You've been doing low reps now for what, 2 years haven't you
And I believe that he mentions 20 rep squats and sets of 10-12 reps with the other exercises for gaining muscle

He just mentions volume is important and high reps are his preferred way of getting volume in. You can't take this and deduce that low reps are not good for building muscle. My previous training hasn't been anywhere near enough volume and with largely long rest periods. What I'm doing now is +85% of 1RM for as many reps as possible in a certain time frame averaging around 1 rep per minute which is a lot more work than I was doing previously and more work than say, 5x10x50%. Time will tell anyway, it's pointless speculating and doing so is nothing more than a waste of both our time

Imma take a trip to Bulgaria and tell Ivan Stoitsov that he a bitch and need to do more reps lol

ivan-stoitsov.jpg
hqdefault.jpg