• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Deadlifts using a deadlift lever machine

Bloke

I can understand why y'all hate doing squats in the smith machine. What is the consensus on using a deadlift lever machine for deadlifts?

Used correctly the hammer strength is very good and extremely effective, the fundamental difference between the leverage type and the trap bar and the barbell is that you can only lock-out your lower back with the barbell, you can pull a lot more weight with the leverage, so be carefull.
The leverage moves in an arc so it is also very efficiant

Using a tool correctly is the difference between using a 460 weatherby magnum and shooting an elephants tail, won't do much, might even make the elephant a tad angry.

But if the bullet is aimed right between the eyes, it will drop instantly.

I find the best position to be in at the squat position is likend to a frog about to launch pull forward and follow the movement, most pull straight up and down, which is very bad.

Why use a machine when you can use a barbell?

It looks impressive when you can load a heap more plates than you can doing a real deadlift. Bitches at the gym be thinking your swole as when you grunt loud and 'deadlift' 5 plates a side. Then you can get around telling everyone you know how your a 10 plate deadlifter conveniently forgetting to mention it was done on the leverage machine.

On a serious note OP avoid it learn to deadlift properly.

I have one of these at the gym. To me it feels completly different from a deadlift. It might have its uses but I don't feel like it'll improve my dl's. Also not sure on the way it arcs, looks like the pivot point makes it easier going up.

what is with everyone and wanting to know about machines when a barbell is available?

lol wut? why would i squat and deadlift when i can leg press 500kg...

Used correctly the hammer strength is very good and extremely effective, the fundamental difference between the leverage type and the trap bar and the barbell is that you can only lock-out your lower back with the barbell, you can pull a lot more weight with the leverage, so be carefull.
The leverage moves in an arc so it is also very efficiant

Using a tool correctly is the difference between using a 460 weatherby magnum and shooting an elephants tail, won't do much, might even make the elephant a tad angry.

But if the bullet is aimed right between the eyes, it will drop instantly.

I find the best position to be in at the squat position is likend to a frog about to launch pull forward and follow the movement, most pull straight up and down, which is very bad.

Cryptic but I get you... Thanks.

literally loled at bigjims reaction... while im sitting in the middle of a dead quiet office with 4 other people.... hahahaha

As much as i like them unless you powerlift you don't really have to squat or deadlift.

I think the leg press can be a good exercise.

and whys that? both are excellent back, leg and core builders for those training for size, they also create a strong mental base for those who lift. if someone is substituting leg press over squats/deads they are a dick head lol sure it has its place for those who physically cant do the compound lifts but for those who can perform those lifts they would be stupid not to.

and whys that? both are excellent back, leg and core builders for those training for size, they also create a strong mental base for those who lift. if someone is substituting leg press over squats/deads they are a dick head lol sure it has its place for those who physically cant do the compound lifts but for those who can perform those lifts they would be stupid not to.

Again i am not saying they are not good exercises, i love them, but unless powerlifting there are plenty of other exercises out there that you can do.

As a beginner probably better off sticking with the barbell lifts but after that there are plenty of options.

I just can't squat twice a week and deadlift once a week like I used to, the work load is just plain too hard on my body now, the leg press once a week really helps and enables me to squat and deadlift with some intensity.

This is one useful exercise.

I don't dead lift or squat at the moment and probably won't for awhile .i like the safe feeling I get on the leg press I have more control over my knee
But if your calling heathy people who GO to the gym dickheads because they don't squat or deadlift is very small minded sort of makes you a dickhead does it not? At least they are at the gym trying and not sitting on their ass at home getting fat

I agree with Bazza, there is no reason to squat or deadlift if strength is not the primary objective. Deadlifts are shit-tier for hypertrophy when you compare them to top down variations of the deadlift, ghd's etc etc
That being said if you don't squat you're a pussy

The deadlift machine looks like it would be good for doing shrugs