• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DIY Power Rack Build

BrisVegasGhost

Elite Member
I have had a bit of time to fill in lately and was getting a bit bored so today so I decided to make a short video clip of my DIY power rack build.
I learnt today that my fabrication skills are better then my computer skills....it took me half the day to do this clip.
Hope you like it :)

Thought you were going to say you had a bit of spare time so you started knocking up White_lie's rack.... Crippled or not, would be nice. Nice calves btw ;)

875aa73f6e4960909af98998b5750b7f.jpg

Fuck yeah slugger drill that's gotta be better then busting your cünt with a hole saw lol.

How ow many bits did you destroy drilling that lot.

Did you drill the uprights or get the RHS laser cut?

Drilled with a magnetic drill....so marking all the holes was critical to get a neat fit.

Off the top of my head would have been about 8 hours of marking out and drilling. Maybe took a bit longer as a few beers where getting knocked back on the job!

Laser cutting would cost about $550

Fuck yeah slugger drill that's gotta be better then busting your cünt with a hole saw lol.

How ow many bits did you destroy drilling that lot.

Yep a magnetic drill and a 22 diameter rotabroach to drill all 200 holes in the uprights.
The one bit drilled all the holes.... cutting fluid is your friend for this many holes. Keeps the tip cool and cuts easier.

I fucking hate how good this is. What was the end out investment?

The powder coating was $260 this included sandblasting.
The steel was about $460...I was able to grab some off cuts at work for this project so it saved me maybe 100 bucks. So total for the steel would be about $560

I have a enough steel left over to make a couple of benches so will make them when I can.
Cheers

you must be a boilermaker lol,

looks good mate, very solid, must weigh a couple hunderd kilo's now in its finished state

ive been drawing up one that i plan on building in the near future, just need to finish it and get started. think we have a 90% discount on steel at work so shouldn't cost too much :)

You could definitely make this a sweet side job. Flogging them off for about 1k each. A lot better quality than what you see around

you must be a boilermaker lol,

looks good mate, very solid, must weigh a couple hunderd kilo's now in its finished state

ive been drawing up one that i plan on building in the near future, just need to finish it and get started. think we have a 90% discount on steel at work so shouldn't cost too much :)

Yes mate a welder/pipe fitter. I estimate about 190kg for the complete rack. I designed it so the rear weight tree can be removed. This reduces the depth 500mm in case I am limited for space.

90% discount on steel....that will be a nice saving!
Cheers

You could definitely make this a sweet side job. Flogging them off for about 1k each. A lot better quality than what you see around

I was doing that when I was doing my apprenticeship as I made some equipment for home. Then the footy club wanted some gear, then the players wanted some then other clubs had me fabricate some equipment. Back then I was making the racks out of 100x50 channel section not RHS.

BVG how would you go welding, cutting and shutting with one hand? :p

Know what you mean with people asking for shit... always getting it from friends, family and randoms to fix their computers

BVG how would you go welding, cutting and shutting with one hand? :p

As I am right handed I wouldn't have a hope. Try writing your signature with your opposite hand!! That's what it would be like welding.

Most of the welding process I do is TIG Welding so you have your Torch in the right hand and feed the wire manually with your left hand.