• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you have a set routine?

only asking , as today at the gym was observing a few people that just seemed to be winging it , i was starting to think that i was Obsessive–compulsive by having a set routine

Always preplanned! Otherwise I look like one of those winging it!
Preplanned and structured!

Routine is the only way to go, I have my workouts planned at least a week in advance, at the moment I have it planned about three weeks in advance.

Without a plan you are destined to fail.
And continuing from where my friend Dave has left off, I'd say make sure your plan is flexible enough for any unforeseen alteration. I've always strived to be ultra flexible in my approach to bodybuilding workouts. I say that because I see or hear of some who are so rigid in their ways that they would most certainly break whenever the wind is strong enough. I say bend with the wind and as the late Bruce Lee had beautifully put it: "be water my friend." Water takes the shapes of whatever it enters, so be water and do what is most appropriate at the time of your workout.

A plan is great and that is not something that can be argued with. However any pilot would tell you, that even though we have entered our plans of destination into our cockpit computer, there's always that back up plan just in case we have to divert to another airport. Plan a, plan b, plan...

Fadi.

Yeah I just wing it. I know what muscle groups I want to do when I go, and I pick how I want to do it when I get there.

For last month or so I've been winging it while i've been trying to drop bodyfat by doing more sprints (which worked)

I've just been going in knowing i will squat first, then either press or dip, then either row or pullup

I'm going to find my log book and record everything again soon tho