• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do You Inform People When You see Them Lifting Wrong?

Not unless they ask or are paying me. One of my pet hates is when people come up during your session and offer their expert knowledge and advice.

No. Let em do what they want. Who cares what others do.

It's only wrong in your own eyes anyway.

I put on my poker face, and then look the other way. Unless its a hot chick of course, in which case I'll just keep on starin'...

I usually just shake my head and get back to focusing on what I'm doing. I wouldn't want people telling me about my poor form so I don't tell them. Would only say something if it really looked like it was going pear shaped

Imagine you're training along and some unsolicited kunce invites himself over and starts telling you that you've got it all wrong.

Imagine you're training along and some unsolicited kunce invites himself over and starts telling you that you've got it all wrong.

depends what unsolicited kunce it is... a person that you see round with good form and clearly know's what they are doing then yeah sure but the 1/4 squatter err no.

yep another one here for keeping my mouth shut, i am not employed by the gym of the person so keepkng quite is the best option, if they ask for advice thats a different story.

I was waiting to squat the other day, I did tell the young fella his heels where lifting off the floor, he said "are they"? The end.

Depends on my relationship with them. The only people I'm responsible for are my clients, and they get constructive feedback with every set. Outside of that, if I've got good rapport with someone and know that their ego will respond positively to constructive feedback, I'll say something. If they ask, I'll answer. Other than that, I'll generally leave them be. Since I'm not in a big commercial gym, most people have had a coaching session or two with Nick or Benji at SSG anyway, and have a few lifters around them who they will seek advice from.

Depends who they are. Most guys in the camp come to me for advice now lol...says alot about the strength level in my gym...
I saw a bloke who I nicknamed Harry Half-rep, did 1/4 rep everything... eventually I had to ask why he didn't go full ROM for anything? Especially Squat and Bench. He said "I dunno?"
I got him to reduce the weight by 20% and go full ROM. He was very thankful for some advice, hope he is still doing it.

If I see shit form. Im going to attempt to correct it. I dont care who they are.

Tim.

What concern is it of yours? Do you also flag down shitty drivers and correct them?

When I trained at work I had a guy stop me and tell me I was squating to deep. My first response was what qualifications he had. He had none. So I asked why he feels qualified to be dishing out advice? Nothing shits me more.

The problem I have with people offering out advice is how do you know the advice being offered is good? Half of the shitty shit you see in the gym is because of people offering up some Broscience bullshit, which spreads like a weed, because people like to look like they know shit, so they tell their mates. /rant

What concern is it of yours? Do you also flag down shitty drivers and correct them?

When I trained at work I had a guy stop me and tell me I was squating to deep. My first response was what qualifications he had. He had none. So I asked why he feels qualified to be dishing out advice? Nothing shits me more.

The problem I have with people offering out advice is how do you know the advice being offered is good? Half of the shitty shit you see in the gym is because of people offering up some Broscience bullshit, which spreads like a weed, because people like to look like they know shit, so they tell their mates. /rant

Dude. Settle down.

Lol.

I know everyone in our gym. It aint a commercial gym. Its a strength gym. We are all there to get pbs. We are all there to support each other.

Tim.