• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

do

Lol.. Are you suggesting I'm the only one with faith?

It matters not anyway.

A true 'man of the cloth' would consider me a hypocrite.

Just because I believe doesn't mean I've been 'walking the path' .. you dig?

wouldnt it mean you are in bigger trouble that the rest of us?

you could go your whole life not knowing and slip through this heaven/hell scenario based on ignorance,whereas the guy who was raised in it but chooses to go against it is in a whole world of trouble.hmm hows that fair?

you could go your whole life not knowing and slip through this heaven/hell scenario based on ignorance,whereas the guy who was raised in it but chooses to go against it is in a whole world of trouble.hmm hows that fair?

Dude, I don't make the rules and what you are suggesting would not be entirely accurate.

If someone were truly so cut off from receiving the word of god, he/she would not be held accountable for not 'walking the path'...

This is beginning to take a direction which I am grossly under-qualified to argue.

Dude, I don't make the rules and what you are suggesting would not be entirely accurate.

If someone were truly so cut off from receiving the word of god, he/she would not be held accountable for not 'walking the path'...

This is beginning to take a direction which I am grossly under-qualified to argue.

yea its a bit heavy for you.you were quick to pull that scripture out bro..you must know a thing or two about a thing or two.

We would laugh if an adult still believed in Santa or Easter bunny. Religion is just fairytales for adults.

i think it means you are content with what you know about the universe.for you its based on what you can see or feel.theres no other dimension.the whole idea that theres invisible beings stronger and smarter than us is laughable to say the least.

the idea that we were created,have lived only for about 6000 years,and are heading towards some sort of cataclysmic event where the majority of humanity is going to be made extinct is nothing but a fairy story in your eyes.

i would say to that,you are probably in the majority when it comes to your beliefs.most people are like you.

Last edited:
Man, I hate this. Not saying which side of the fence I'm on, but think about this:

If religion IS just fairytales for adults then insulting them does little to change their minds. And if it IS just fairytales, then it's in society's best interests to educate these people. The more you take logic out of the equation (by resorting to name-calling, effectively) the more you discourage those "believers" from engaging in rational debate.

On the other side of the coin, people have a right to believe what they want.

Your making the assumption I want to change their minds. I don't care as long as they don't annoy me with bible bashing bullshit.

You either believe or you don't, that's all there is to it.
I'd like to think that there is more to life than birth and death.
One day we will all get our answer, till then there is only faith.

Your making the assumption I want to change their minds. I don't care as long as they don't annoy me with bible bashing bullshit.

thats basically it .you arent hurting anyone.you are doing your thing.some could say the life you have led is superior to those who may profess a belief..

Last edited:
You either believe or you don't, that's all there is to it.
I'd like to think that there is more to life than birth and death.
One day we will all get our answer, till then there is only faith.

pretty true grunta.id like to think theres a better something, somewhere.i reckon its pure luck i was born in a place where i didnt inherit war poverty or disease.id like to think for those that didnt have my luck that there might be a better place for them to look forward to.

Fair enough Bazza, I kinda forgot that possibility. If I see people are clearly deluded (one way or another) I want to set them straight, to help.
But that's not a very "live and let live" attitude...

You don't need to be a devoted believer, a practicing participant or even a fully paid up member of whatever religion to get into heaven, you don't enven need to believe in heaven to get in.
All you have to do is do more good than bad, every kunce knows right from wrong, kind from cruel and generous from selfish, membership does not guarantee a ticket upwards, it only offers guidance.
Pesonally I choose to believe, but know that my life membership will not change the fact I will face some tough questions at the perly gates regarding my choices.
Dont worry [MENTION=15762]El Testicle[/MENTION] ; I figure you'll be standing right next to me flashing your membership card that's also declining.

Fair enough Bazza, I kinda forgot that possibility. If I see people are clearly deluded (one way or another) I want to set them straight, to help.
But that's not a very "live and let live" attitude...

Trying to use reason, facts and science to argue the make believe doesn't work that well.

If it doesn't effect me or people close to me I don't waste my breath. As for someone saying it religion doesn't hurt anyone. Not really true, you have parents not taking sick kids to doctors because they believe God will take care of them. Then your have all the religious killings over the years.

But like I said people that have convinced themselves of an imaginary superpower with no evidence they exist are hardly going to listen to my reason.

You don't need to be a devoted believer, a practicing participant or even a fully paid up member of whatever religion to get into heaven, you don't enven need to believe in heaven to get in.
All you have to do is do more good than bad, every kunce knows right from wrong, kind from cruel and generous from selfish, membership does not guarantee a ticket upwards, it only offers guidance.
Pesonally I choose to believe, but know that my life membership will not change the fact I will face some tough questions at the perly gates regarding my choices.
Dont worry [MENTION=15762]El Testicle[/MENTION] ; I figure you'll be standing right next to me flashing your membership card that's also declining.

Do you need to believe in a religion to know right from wrong.

i think the struggle people have with the christianity of the bible and islam as well i guess,is that there is a militant edge to it...theres a fear involved.you convert or you will die forever.

There is how many different religions? 100s, 1000s? Then you have the possibility that there may be no god. They can't all be right. So how do religious people convince themselves that their religion is the ONE right religion.

Do you need to believe in a religion to know right from wrong.

Absoultely not, as I wrote in the very post you quoted, don't need religion to make the right choices.
You can live your whole life as a good catholic, without ever knowing it or anything about the religion.
I'm a believer and knowingly made bad choices, doesn't put me in front of the que, it's how you live your life that counts.