• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Does anyone else get random strength gains?

kindred

My strength goes up randomly. I want to develop at a more consistant rate but i dont seem to be able to do that. Has anyone else had this problem?

I was just about to make a thread about this.

Today i had a massive strength gain. Went from 9 reps to 12 reps in the bench press today.

I don't know what causes it, but it's always a good sign of things going right.

I find with lots of things, not just weights, that I tend to learn/gain/improve in blocks.

I improve a bit, then plateau, then jump a fair bit after a while and so on.

Was the same for when I learned to play instruments and even when learning uni work.

Gains in strength or size should be measured over s period of weeks if not months rather than everyday, there are too many variables day by day.

Gains in strength or size should be measured over s period of weeks if not months rather than everyday, there are too many variables day by day.

Sure after a while - but as a beginner you should be making gains every workout for a few months at the least - if your not then your either not training right, not eating right or not sleeping right.

Once you have gotten past that easy gain stage then yeah this is exactly right, measure your gain week by week or even month by month rather than workout to workout.

Yeah, fair call if you are a beginner. If his diet and sleeping patterns are not up to scratch then i could see fluctuations happening. Only he knows if his diet, training and rest patterns are consistant.

I thought I was the only one that this happened to. My friends tend to gain consistantly so i was thinking i was doing something wrong because i dont.

The thing about weight training is that everyone is differnent. What works for one person, might not work for another.

So, just because your friend gain consistently doesn't mean you will. To find what works and what doesn't, you should use a diary and write doiwn the exercises, and see what is making you gain mire muscle and what isn't.

I like to change 1 exercise per muscle group each week so that i know which exercises work with other exercises and which don't. You should do this for yourself as well, as everyone is different.