• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Drug Testing in PL

PTC

I really dont care much about this, but while browsing Powerlifting Watch, I checked out IPF's list of banned lifters through drug testing.

Its the normal kind of thing, then in 2006, they caught and banned 106 lifters.

This may not mean much to you guys, but from 1984 till 2003, in 20 years, they only caught 30 lifters, with some pretty big names.

Ed Coan
Olekshander Kutcher
Brian Siders

Only 4 Australians ever, it shows that we take it pretty seriously here.

Another extraordinary thing is the lack of fines for Ukrainian lifters. I dont know why as I dont know the IPF rules

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/fileadmin/data/Anti-Doping/IPF_suspended_lifter_official.pdf

Didnt 2 aussies get banned last yr one for using Novedex XT (natural test booster) and one for using Jack3D for that 1,3 dim whatever its called..

Hi guys,
i am pretty sure Sider's suspension wasn't due to a doping breach, but from a competing in a non-IPF sanctioned comp...

I'll see if I can find more details on this.

I think you only get a lifetime ban after your second positive test, though I'm really not sure.

Just looked up rule 14.9 which got the Ukrainians

14.9 Participating in Non-IPF Competition

Any lifter, coach, referee or official who competes or participates in an international Powerlifting or Bench Press competition not organised, sanctioned or approved by the IPF shall not be permitted to take part in any IPF international or regional competition for a period of 12 months from the date of that non-approved competition.

Looks like rule 10.11 doesnt exist anymore.

Anyway, it had to with competing against a banned lifter and also not making yourself available for testing while banned..........I think.

Didnt 2 aussies get banned last yr one for using Novedex XT (natural test booster) and one for using Jack3D for that 1,3 dim whatever its called..

correct...from memory the banned substance they tested positive for was methylxanthine...

this is why it is so important for tested athletes to take responsibility of what they are throwing in their gullet...

edit...the substance was methylhexanamine

Last edited:
I think you only get a lifetime ban after your second positive test, though I'm really not sure.

Just looked up rule 14.9 which got the Ukrainians

14.9 Participating in Non-IPF Competition

Any lifter, coach, referee or official who competes or participates in an international Powerlifting or Bench Press competition not organised, sanctioned or approved by the IPF shall not be permitted to take part in any IPF international or regional competition for a period of 12 months from the date of that non-approved competition.

What the ****?

How ridicuous is this what reason could this possibly have?

I noticed this:

Any lifter, coach, referee or official who competes or participates in an international Powerlifting or Bench Press competition not organised, sanctioned or approved by the IPF

Does that mean regional & national comps are kosher, PA lifters?

I heard something about someone from PTC getting in trouble over a garage lift event.

Who knows what these governing bodies think.

The only thing this tells me is that lifters who only lift in the IPF, only "think" they are competing against clean lifters.

Why should it matter?

It seems like kindergarten syndrome..

"We dont like them so if you play with them your not our friend, and you cant come to our birthday party"

The only thing i can think of is they dont want their fed looking bad by their lifters getting smashed by another feds lifters... But its all a bit ridiculous.

Lift where ever as long as your lifting. **** the politics its like the wives club.

I think Pauls point was you can't sneak in as CAPO now list you on the net and PA can just periodically check it against their records and then ban your ass.
Posted via Mobile Device