• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Drug Testing in PL

I think Pauls point was you can't sneak in as CAPO now list you on the net and PA can just periodically check it against their records and then ban your ass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Does CAPO require a real ID to join, or can I use a fake name? :p

Thanks Paul, I've already picked one (for now).

I sitll dont understand the need to stop people from lifting where they want when they want...

What are they the fun police?

Well they don't stop them- they just make them choose which path they want to take. There are PA lifters who have lifted with CAPO. But to lift with PA they must resign from CAPO and (like every new member) they cannot lift at a nationals or set records until they have been a member for 6 months, which means they have 6 months under a drug testing program. If they want to go back to CAPO, they just resign from PA. Its one way or the other- tested or untested.
While it might seem unfair to give lifters the opportunity to lift in both, and I sympathise with this view, I believe the rule is more about not supporting participation in an untested 'rival' federation, by which I mean yet another federation- but one which does not promote anti-doping.

I dont think i would be able to lift in PA even if i wanted to due to my hormone replacement.

So doesnt give me much of choice.

If you think about it Noobs what benefit is in it for PA or the IPF to have lifters go elsewhere? It allows the other smaller feds (mainly for the IPF) to grow, then has its lifters associated with feds who do not condone drug use which will reflect badly on the IPF and if IPF lifters go to other worlds it will then increase the lifters and profile of that fed. It is all about being the biggest fed and they are at the top now and want it to themselves, basic business model.

I think some would say you wipe out inter-federational competition and then you will create better competition within a federation.
But, yeah the analogy above works. If you are selling Adidas you don't let your athletes compete in Nike events.

it makes the choice easier for you then. Some medications are ok with a TUE (therapuetic use exemption). I have to get one to allow me to use an asthma inhaler. The anti-doping policy is set by WADA, so its the same for olympians. If you go to the ASADA website you should be able to find their medication list- that will tell you if its prohibited or just restricted.

As for medication,

ghrp6, arimidex, hcg, testosterone...

Yeah i think they will be prohibited lol.

If you are selling Adidas you don't let your athletes compete in Nike events.

Very good analogy.

I think some would say you wipe out inter-federational competition and then you will create better competition within a federation.

Only problem here is when you wipe out competition (different feds) the federation will have no other reason to get better, if it has to fight it will improve more rapidly.

I think variety is the spice of life...

If feds are competing against each other it gives them more reason to want to be the best. A monopoly on somehting is never relaly benefitial except for the people in charge colelcting all the $$$ at the end.

Paul, trust me, its not worth the headache trying to help in many facets of a fed that wont listen. I've given up, I just turn people against me. Nina has been awarded a 100kg squat at the last Nats, a lift she missed. No matter who I speak to or email, they wont change the record to 90kg, I've given up. I can name at least another 3 wrong records.

Having just returned from the States, the level of hatred against the IPF is unbelievable. I get the same feeling from Powerlifting Watch. Believe it or not, I dont mind PA, whilst I'd never encourage anyone to join for far too many reasons to name here, I would gladly go and watch a comp.

Reading through a stack of PL USA issues I bought back from the States thanks to Mr Lambert, I had no idea they were this disliked. I'm actually quite surprised.

Even the very likeable Gordon Santee was quite outspoken against them, and he qualified for their worlds, but flat out refuses to go.

Remember that all these guys I spoke to lift in multiple Feds, which is allowed everywhere, except IPF, so theyre not just WPC lifters. Gordon qualified for Worlds in 5 different Feds in 2010.

It actually took me by surprise. So if IPF think they are doing PL a favour, they may need to listen to the lifters.

I should also mention that most that lift with IPF defend them.

**** I've gotta start competing.

I'm over any objections to steroids - it seems pretty much impossible to test for them. I can see why the IPF does it though if they're trying to appear a reputable sport.

Markos tell the US guys to get ****ed. An even bigger joke than the steroid issue is this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwNlUTekYWA]YouTube - Mike Miller's world record 1220lb IPA Squat Video (553kg)[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxHb6BcmxKw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

800 bench, 585 squat. wtf?

Last edited: