• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Exercise you used to hate....

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
Is there one/or many exercises that you used to hate/hardly ever do but now love?

For me it is Bench Press - I started training when I was 14-15 but never really did bench press consistently till I was about 20 - now it is by FAR my favorite exercise to do....

Legs bro.. for sure. In particular squats.

But my pt back in NZ insisted upon them and made them a cornerstone of every working week.

They are now my strongest body part by a mile.

Probably most body weight exercises like chin ups and dips; front squats as well. Anything that I sucked at as a newbie and could only do like 2 reps. Now they're a warm up.

all of them...
it hurts to train, but after a while, its like performing a trick on a eg skateboard. the mind muscle takes over and it becomes bliss. like a trance. and that is very enjoyable.

^ Same here, once you enjoy lifting the iron, it no longer becomes a painful task, but something you look forward to doing.

I used to hate training legs because of how grueling it is, but now I look forward to it and embrace it. Especially because my legs are my weakest bodypart. I can bench more than I can squat and thats just strange in my opinion.

the only way you make serious gains is if it seriously affects you. simple.

Dead Lifts, never did a dead lift till I was in my 40's….still one of my weakest exercises, still not a fan, but dead lift twice a week now, a heavy low rep and a light high rep session every week.

Deadlifts - I overthought them and didn't do them properly (bad form). Now I relax, breath and feel the muscles working.

I love squeezing the back muscles at the top too.

Bulgarian split squats. Used to hate them. Now I love/hate them.

and leg press. Don't know why I really used to dislike them. Now I don't have a choice so I learnt to like it :)

I don't hate any particular exercise which I hate. But there is something I hate about exercises like, I Hate Sweating, confusions, boring and when scale not move even a little bit. But now i am habituated.