• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fair price for weights?

I'm going to add unless you're making a set of adjustable dumbells there's never a reason to go with standard plates.

I get asked that a lot in the gym, they really are an excellent "cheap" bumper.

I'll try and get hold of Wayne tomorrow, I still have the only set in existence.

Yep Oliver, the hulk contacted me, Im buying it. ;)

Also, when you say a fair price, dont forget their is a fair price for the retailer, not just the consumer. Dont let a cheap bit of gear sway your opinion over supporting a good retailer.

I got 402.5kg off ebay for 700 dollars, was happy about that. Though 362.5kg is only useable cause their is a 25 and 15 kilo plate alone. So works around 1.9kg per kg

For standard, $2 or less is awesome (for my state at least!).

Otherwise, check out garage sales or newspaper ads as often you can pick up weights for a tenth of that!

BBBBUUUTTTT: Just make sure the weights are correct as I was lifting for a while and my PB's were up and down. Then I realsied that the 45 pounders I picked up at a garage sale weighed only 35!!!!!!!!!

Rergarding weight accuracy, its all relative really. It only becomes an issue when comparisons are made between lifters competing in different events. For a home gym, you dont need calibrated weights, its only necessary during competition as stated above.

10kg is a fair whack of difference lol

Someone on here posted a pic of plates that arent round, I forgot who it was.

I wouldnt cross the street to pick them up if they were free.

Just my opinion.

The difference was 10 pounds, thats not uncommon for 20kg standard plates from jim kidd sports.

Again its relative.