• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Feeling spaced out during cut

What foods are you eating ?

Just clean up your diet with more veggies and much less sugar and train minimum 3 times a week.

Make sure to include plenty of green veggies to fill up on and plenty of protein (not protein shakes). Steak, chicken , fish, roo , lamb , pork etc
With the fibrous green vetables some people don't worry about counting them in the cal count.

Just cut out the sugar, all soft drinks , switch to black coffee and drink plenty of water.

I'm 6 foot 101 kg (was 111kg at xmas 2012 and 132.5 in Aug 2011).LBM 78kg
I'm cutting on 2100 cals -measureup suggested cutting on 2400 cals.
my last dexa http://ausbb.com/attachments/member...9d1345102133-lexs-training-diary-dexa_1st.jpg
http://ausbb.com/attachments/member-training-diaries/4969d1345442186-lexs-training-diary-aim.jpg
due another one (when I get under 100kg, 100.9 this morning)

Get strong first (ie: add some muscle) then cut. Eat just over maintenance while doing so. You will lose some bodyfat along the way.

Given like me you are a shorter guy, id aim for 75kg bench, 120kg squat, 140kg deadlift, then worry about bodyfat %.

Lean muscle mass is 52kg, bone mass is 2.6kg, rest is fat. I swim twice a week and adjust calories up slightly on those days. Just started my first routine, 3x5 compound strength training to try and preserve muscle.

I was eating a lot sugary foods before this which I've cut out except for fruit. Now eating 100g protein (whey) a day plus mostly low gi carbs and fat in every meal

I'll stay on the calorie intake for a few more days and see if I adjust.

Is your only protein intake really from supplements?

My typical diet for a day includes

-small serve of oats for breakfast with a scoop of whey in milk
-apple/banana for morning tea
-chicken and rice for lunch
-chicken/pork/beef/fish with roast potatoes and veg for dinner
-whey in water if needed for extra protein

I use whey to top up my protein (depending on how much meat i eat that day) to around 100g a day total.

Definitely need to add a more vege's into my diet.

I ate about 1750 calories yesterday and I felt fine. So i think my body is getting used to it.

My plan is stay on this intake for 6-7 weeks (while training 3 days a week) to shed about 4 kg of fat which will bring me down to around 20% BF. Then I will increase the calories to 200-300 over maintenance, work hard on the Rippletoe SS or All Pro routine and keep that up for the rest of the year while monitoring my BF% and lean mass with a DXA scan every 3 months.

Last edited:
Quick update:

With a daily calorie intake of 1750-1800 ive managed to lose 1.7 kilos in 2 weeks. Most noticeable is the fat reduction in my mid-section - pretty chuffed about that.