• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

First time cutting, feedback on my diet plan?

jsncrs

I was very skinny when I started lifting 2 years ago, so I've been bulking since I started. This is the first time I'll be trying to cut.

Stats
Weight: 65kg
Height: 163cm
Bench: 80kg
Squat: 100kg
Deadlift: 130kg

My goal is to basically shed fat from my midsection and increase definition (getting a bit of a gut) whilst maintaining muscle mass. My maintenance intake is around 2100 calories. I've dropped from 2800 on bulk, to 1700 to cut.

Macros:

1700 calories (500 calories less than maintenance)
Carbs:100g
Protein: 220g
Fat: 19g

Diet...

Morning:
Creatine & pineapple juice, multi vitamin and fish oil caps.
2 hard boiled eggs
Whey protein shake with 1 cup fat free milk

Meal 1: (11am - 1pm)
120g roast chicken breast
80g steamed broccoli

Meal 2: (3pm - 4pm)
200g roast chicken breast
95g tinned tuna

Workout:
Xtend intra-workout & whey protein shake post workout.

Meal 3 (7pm - 9pm)
Chicken or beef with vegetables
Whey protein shake with 1 cup fat free milk and 2 egg whites.

As I said, this is my first time doing a cut so there may be some things I've missed. I know I should probably space the meals out a bit more, but I work full time which makes it difficult. I've tried to space out my protein intake to make it somewhat constant throughout the day. Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
Fat is too low... You need to have min 0.8gms of fat per kilo of body weight..

At your weight of 65kg you would need around 52grams of fat daily...

I know I should probably space the meals out a bit more, but I work full time which makes it difficult. I've tried to space out my protein intake to make it somewhat constant throughout the day

You do not need to space your protein intake out... This is a myth... Eat your daily protein requirement in one meal if you want...

Just use whatever meal frequency suits you... Its your total macros at the end of the day that counts...

Can you post a pic of yourself brah?

I am of similar stats to you. If i cut now ill look a normal skinny guy.

Reason i asked is i am unsure if i should cut also

Last edited:
umamytyd.jpg

This is the only pic I have right now, stomach tensed. Just want more definition in my mid section when relaxed.

Edit: Sorry I'm replying from my phone. Not sure why the pic uploaded sideways :/

you need more fat then that,

Also- Instead of dropping the calories like that? Could you not eat 2800, Continue to lift heavy and maintain/build the LBM and add in cardio each day?

Id rather do that then eat less huh.

From your pic- Id be slowley bulkling to 80kg mate, me personaly I think your way to small to cut.

Whats your BF%?

I do have a bit of a gut when relaxed, think the lighting in the photo is a bit flattering haha. Unsure of my bf, never had it tested. Just purchased some body fat calipers off ebay which will hopefully give me a rough idea.

Muscle maturity isn't there yet atm imo. Shoulders/arms and back look underdeveloped (lacking thickness) based off that pic. Got any leg pics?

Your prob 10-12% atm in bf as the top 2 abs are showing.

Nice use of downlighting in the pic :)

Agree with all previous posts. More heavy lifting to add some size. Your def not fat. You will lean the shoulders and chest out quicker then the mid section as the mid section has larger fat deposits.

My workout is a 4 day split.

Chest and tri's:
Flat barbell bench 4 x 8 - 12
Incline barbell bench 4 x 8 - 12
Incline dumbell flyes 3 x 8 - 12
Weighted dips 3 x 8 - 12
Cable flyes 3 x 8 - 12
Rope pushdown 4 x 8 - 12
Skullcrushers 3 x 8 - 12
Overhead cable extension 3 x 8 - 12

Back and bi's:
Romanian deadlifts 4 x 6 - 8
Wide grip pull ups 3 x 8
Lat pull down 3 x 8 - 12
Straight arm pull down 3 x 8 - 12
Cable rows 3 x 8 - 12
Bent over barbell rows 3 x 8 - 12
Barbell curls 3 x 8 - 12
Reverse grip barbell curls 3 x 8 - 12
Cable curls 3 x 8 - 12

Legs:
Squats 4 x 6 - 8
Weighted lunges 3 x 8 - 12
Leg press 3 x 8 - 12
Leg extension 3 x 8 - 12
Leg curls 3 x 8 - 12

Shoulders and traps:
Dumbell shoulder press 4 x 8 - 10
Smith machine seated military press 3 x 8 - 12
Upright rows 3 x 8 - 12
Lat raises 3 x 8 - 12
Front raises 3 x 8 - 12
Rear deltoid cable flyes 3 x 8 - 12
Heavy barbell shrugs 4 x 8 - 12
Barbell shrugs 3 x 8 - 12

far out man these split routines are so confusing to me - Have you always done a split like that? i find i have very good results with the simple BB beginer program.

not saying your doing anythign wrong,

far out man these split routines are so confusing to me - Have you always done a split like that? i find i have very good results with the simple BB beginer program.

not saying your doing anythign wrong,

I've tried a lot of different routines. Started with the SS program, GVT, Microcycles.. I've found that a custom tailored program like this gives me the best results.

cool - Were abouts are you located? I think someone in your case would really benifit from a dexa scan.

From were you are now- I think a slow bulk, Even if you add a bit of extra fat that can be sorted, I rekon you'd be a machine at 80kg. then cut back to 75 if you must.

Thats what id be aiming for if i was in your case.

I'm in Ballarat, VIC. What exactly is a dexa scan?
I think you're right - I might stick to bulking for a while.
My plan was just to get ripped for summer then bulk again.
But I'd rather pack on some more mass and reach my overall goal quicker.

Do you require a referral from your GP?
I just called Lake Imaging here in Ballarat, they told me they do the scans but they're only for bone density / composition?