• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fish Oil

DKD

Private Dancer
If you've tried fish oil capsules, have you noticed any benefit from them?

I'm not interested in what the packet or the internet tells us about the benefits of fish oil...I'd like to read about real life experiences.

People who use it may feel good about doing so, but are you actually noticing tangible benefits, and if so, what are they?

It's difficult to attribute any benefit in health down to fish oil capsules. There are many variables in life you'd have to control to spot out noticeable gains, that it's almost impossible. Hence, you can't really rely on real life experiences - simply look at the research.

Your not going to notice anything happening from fish oil. Your doing it because the research says it's good.

I'm not interested in what the packet or the internet tells us about the benefits of fish oil...I'd like to read about real life experiences.

People who use it may feel good about doing so, but are you actually noticing tangible benefits, and if so, what are they?

Go get some blood work done take some fish oil for a few months eat the same and then go back and get your bloods done again. Then see.

i normally take them when I know I havent gotten enough of my good fats in for the day e.g. if i didnt have a meal with olive oil or some linseeds, so i really just use it as a supplement.

Thanks for the replies.

Ok so this thread is an hour old...that's about as long as I can hold my interest in this subject.

Sesame-Street.jpg

Yes, I take 6 per day.
One thing I have noticed every time I'm taking fish oil consistently is that I never ever need to use toilet paper after a poo, well, 90% of the time.
Anybody else find this?

i normally take 8grams a day, while i was on holiday i stopped. after awhile i noticed that going up and down the stairs was quite painfull on the joints, when i started the fish oil back up again it my joints were fine.

I don't eat fish and I don't like fish, except my daily can of tuna.

I take three 1000mg capsules am and three pm.

Your not going to notice anything happening from fish oil. Your doing it because the research says it's good.

Exactly right, to notice anything happening you would need two of your identical self, and one take it and one don't, but since that is not possible how do you know anything is good???? proven research is my best guess/option.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you'd need 2 of yourself. You just assess how you feel before you start taking them and how you feel after you've started taking them....i.e. any differences since using them.

I'm not sure why you'd need 2 of yourself. You just assess how you feel before you start taking them and how you feel after you've started taking them....i.e. any differences since using them.

Because even if you feel different after taking them how do you know you wouldn't have felt like that without taking them. It may of happened anyway and been a coincidence or a placebo effect.

There is a reason why researchers like to use lots of people in trial, double blinded, so that the people as well as the researchers at the time don't know who is getting the pill or the control ( nothing) To try and weed out any bias or placebo effect.

And it's also why alternative med people don't use double blinded trials because they like to pass off the placebo effects as the quack medicine working.

Because even if you feel different after taking them how do you know you wouldn't have felt like that without taking them. It may of happened anyway and been a coincidence or a placebo effect.

Interesting you should say this, because this is the reason I started the thread. I started taking them a week ago and after just a few days I started to notice something weird with my knees....hard to describe, but they feel a lot more pliable, almost like they can partially bend in the opposite direction of the normal bent knee position (i don't know WTF you call it, flexion, hyperextension..whatever)

But it seemed too soon for it to be as a result of the fish oil...so i was wondering is it just a coincidence or do other people have this feeling of being much more 'pliable' or 'lubricated' as a result of taking fish oil?

It's a jolly good question

What happens to the rest of the fish?

Is it sold back to us in tins?

There is a reason why researchers like to use lots of people in trial, double blinded, so that the people as well as the researchers at the time don't know who is getting the pill or the control ( nothing) To try and weed out any bias or placebo effect.

And it's also why alternative med people don't use double blinded trials because they like to pass off the placebo effects as the quack medicine working.

Exactly my point this is why I figured you would need two identical selves to see a difference, as any change could be attributed to one of a million things.

What happens to the rest of the fish?

Great question, I too have wondered this, I figured the fish oil might be extracted from the rest of the junk that does not go in the tin.

Last edited:
Being able to hyperextend your knee has nothing to do with lubrication. It is all about ligament elasticity and boney prominences. You either got it genetically or you made it happen (acute injury or chronic ligament streching).

I'm on a high dose (3 x 2000mg twice a day) and the only thing I can feel for sure is that my joints are feeling better.