• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

flat line

R

rocky

ok so i have been going to the gym for 6 months now 5 days a week 70 to 80 min a day, i have come to a point where my body just wont put one weight and my strength flat lined? but i took a week and a half off and found that my strength was stronger??? don't know why, maybe rest helped, but why am i not putting on weight? what should i do, eat more? change to les reps more sets? it's got me confused, can someone help plz?

Getting stronger after a short lay off kind of shows that you were overtraining.
Unless you're taking steroids, there is no need to spend so much time in the gym.
You need to rest and recover.

Have you increased your calorie intake as you have gained weight?

My advice would be to try a 3 day/week split and see how your body responds. Some people like myself need more time to recover and 3 days of intense training is still enough to promote massive growth.

Train hard, eat plenty and rest.

G'day Hulk
At that time i was on a high protein diet (weighing food and watching intake of protein and fat) and taking creatine not steroids, as being new no sure on a calorie intake? (should i be watching calories?) i find now that i have changed to 5rep 5sets my body feels tighter than it did when doing 10rep 3sets but not sure that it would help building muscle, and yes i eat heap's.

Read the info for beginners, it will help you. Its obvious you are overtraining. Your body does not grow at the gym - it grows while you rest. Train less (but hard) and eat more and rest more.

Personally, I think that unless you're an elite or pro athlete, there is no need to weight your food.

Just increase the portion sizes you are taking in every meal slightly until you start gaining again. Add an extra egg, extra sandwich, etc.
One thing I found to work well is to add a cup or 2 of milk with every meal, really boosts your calories for the day and is very simple to do, even if you are full already. 3L of low fat milk would boost your diet by 1400 calories/day, so easy.

i think i'll drop wednesday with stat and sun and add a bit extra with meals.