• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Full Body Sculpt Routine

jon

Full Body Sculpt Routine

This full body sculpt routine is great for achieving balanced results in strength and toning. This workout routine gives all muscle groups a workout for every session.

The routine is a 3 day a week routine.
Day 1 Full Body

• Machine Leg Press (3 sets x 20 reps)
  • Cable Seated Row (3 sets x 20 reps)
  • Dips (2 sets x 15 reps)
  • Machine – Shoulder Press (2 sets x 20 reps)
  • Barbell Curl (2 sets x 20 reps)
  • Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extension (2 sets x 20 reps)
  • Push Ups (2 sets x 20 reps)

Day 2 Full Body

• Barbell Full Squat (3 sets x 20 reps)
  • Seated Calf Raise (2 sets x 25 reps)
  • Wide Grip Front Lat Pull Down (3 sets x 20 reps)
  • Dumbbell Flyes (3 sets x 20 reps)
  • Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks (2 sets x 20 reps)
  • Dumbbell – Bicep Curl (2 sets x 20 reps)
  • Sit-Ups (2 sets till failure)

Day 3 Full Body

• Dumbbell – Rear Lunge (4 sets x 10 reps)
  • Pull Up – Front (3 sets to failure)
  • Barbell Bench press (3 sets x 15 reps)
  • Barbell Curl (3 sets x 15 reps)
  • Dips (3 sets x reps)
  • Hanging Leg Raise (2 sets to failure)

Full Body Sculpt Routine

This full body sculpt routine is great for achieving balanced results in strength and toning. This workout routine gives all muscle groups a workout for every session.

The routine is a 3 day a week routine.
Day 1 Full Body

• Machine Leg Press (3 sets x 20 reps)
  • Cable Seated Row (3 sets x 20 reps)
  • Dips (2 sets x 15 reps)
  • Machine – Shoulder Press (2 sets x 20 reps)
  • Barbell Curl (2 sets x 20 reps)
  • Dumbbell Lying Tricep Extension (2 sets x 20 reps)
  • Push Ups (2 sets x 20 reps)

Day 2 Full Body

• Barbell Full Squat (3 sets x 20 reps)
  • Seated Calf Raise (2 sets x 25 reps)
  • Wide Grip Front Lat Pull Down (3 sets x 20 reps)
  • Dumbbell Flyes (3 sets x 20 reps)
  • Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks (2 sets x 20 reps)
  • Dumbbell – Bicep Curl (2 sets x 20 reps)
  • Sit-Ups (2 sets till failure)

Day 3 Full Body

• Dumbbell – Rear Lunge (4 sets x 10 reps)
  • Pull Up – Front (3 sets to failure)
  • Barbell Bench press (3 sets x 15 reps)
  • Barbell Curl (3 sets x 15 reps)
  • Dips (3 sets x reps)
  • Hanging Leg Raise (2 sets to failure)

I think a toning routine and diet would look more like this:

9am meal 1 (pre workout): 3 carrot sticks and a diet coke

note: wait an hour for the carboz and caffeine to kick in before you workout

workout (full body routine)

warm up with 10 jumping jacks

weights:
bicep curls 3 x 25
wrist curls 3 x 25
reverse wrist curls 3 x 25
hammer curls 3 x 25
tricep kickbacks 3 x 25
abductor machine 3 x 25
adductor machine 3 x 25 (this one is awesome for toning the inner thighs)
crunches 3 x 500 (awesome for melting the fat off your abs)

cool down with 10 more jumping jacks

be sure to stretch your peks and calves after the workout

immediatly post work out eat 3 celery sticks to give an insulin spike which drives all them nutrients into the muscles. the window of opportunity is only 3 minutes so have them by you as you finish that last set of crunches

meal 3 (last one of the day) you can have carrot sticks but they are high GI so not preferable...normally celery is better for the last meal of the day...

also when toning i recommend you dont eat at all after 4pm because you wont have time to burn off the calories (especially carbs) before sleep time. and we all know that when you sleep your metabolism slows and you get fat..

Martin sums it up with these points -

4. You're doing too much shit.

Be a minimalist, like me.

I snapped this yesterday and stay in this condition all year round.

I built my physique with these movements primarily: squats, deadlifts, bench presses, chin-ups, triceps extensions and calf raises. These have remained staples throughout the years. I have flirted with other movements, but these were brief periods.

On the whole, that's one movement per muscle group, with the exception of abs and biceps, which I never really trained except for early in my training career, and then very sporadically every once in a while.

The point is that most people are doing too much shit. This dilutes the focus and effort that they are able to put into that which really delivers.

5. You think more about supplements than squats.

No single factor in strength training receives so much attention, yet deliver so little in return. Don't play the fool who chases magic pills, thinking it will compensate for a lack of effort, a fundamentally flawed training routine or a poor diet.

There are supplements that you might actually find useful, but they won't turn the tide if what you're doing right now is not working without them.

6. You're lifting weights for the calorie burn.

Strength is strength. Cardio is cardio. Don't mix, keep them separate, and use cardio sparingly on a diet or if your primary goal is strength and muscle gain.

If you're adding 2-3 sessions of HIIT to your 3 sessions of weights, it is almost comparable to adding 2-3 days of weights. Keyword is "almost", I'm obviously not drawing direct comparisons. That's all fine and dandy if you think working out 5-6 days/week is a good idea on a diet. But I don't think anyone - no matter what level of experience - needs more than 3 days a week in the gym when cutting. (Yes, this goes for competitors and beginners alike.)
In conclusion, if conditioning is not terribly important for you, if your goal is really about getting shredded while keeping your muscle, I highly suggest limiting moderate to high intensity cardio on a diet - or ditch it completely. Save it for some other time when your recovery is good and not limited by your diet.

A calorie deficit is a recovery deficit. Avoid deficit spending.

7. You're looking a bit too happy in there.

If you're not grimacing, grunting, or experiencing some sort of discomfort, you're not training hard enough. One good set where you have to fight for the reps is better than a week of half-ass sets.

8. You spend more than 5 minutes on abs.

If you can't see your abs, you need to unfatten yourself. Simple as that. You can't spot reduce and you'll get plenty of ab work with squats, deadlifts, chin-ups and overhead presses. Let me see someone at 5-6% body fat deadlift 2.5-3 x body weight for reps with with weak abs and underdeveloped abs. It ain't happening.

I'll allow you one set of "abs". Beyond that don't waste your time with crunches, ab machines, hanging leg raises or whatever the hell you're doing. It won't give you shit and it will only suck time and energy from what you should be doing.

10. You're afraid of "bulky muscles" and use terms like "toning."

Should have.

Stuff you though Max, I wanted 1000 posts before you, you nerd!