• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

German Volume Training - BOOM!!!

Pocket_size

I have been looking at mixing up my routine to kickstart some new mass/size gains recently.

Ive looked at incorporating some strength specific training into my regeme. The Doug Hepburn Method looked like something I could have tweaked to suit...

Buuut... then i came across German Volume Training... twice this week ive put this into practice and BUGGER ME talk about ka-razy insane pumps... LOVING the pain...

Anyone else used this method... lay your thoughts on me ;)

Firstly, BOOM is copyright to PTC Perth :)

Secondly, got a link to share on the program? I love reading that kinda stuff, even if I have no intention of doing the program.

as you can only pick one excercise per muscle what would everyone pick for each muscle be?
which do you feel would give you the best result? below examples taken from the first article
mine would be

Chest - incline press (would do barbell as its easier to set up and get positioning right with limited rest time)
Shoulders - standing military press
Triceps - dumbell skull crushers
Back - pull ups or chin ups
Biceps - inlcine dumbell curl
Abs - hanging leg lifts
Quads - squats
Hamstrings - deadlifts
Calves - standing calf raises

Chest - incline press (would do barbell as its easier to set up and get positioning right with limited rest time)
Shoulders - standing military press
Triceps - dumbell skull crushers
Back - pull ups or chin ups
Biceps - inlcine dumbell curl
Abs - hanging leg lifts
Quads - squats
Hamstrings - deadlifts
Calves - standing calf raises

Chest - Flat barbell bench press
Shoulders - Seated DB Press / Arnold Press
Triceps - Cable pushdowns
Back - Bent over rows
Biceps - Ezy bar preacher curl
Abs - Weighted seated crunch
Quads - Squats
Hamstrings - Cable leg curls
Calves - Standing calf raises.

Your sets should be 50 seconds each, stressing the negative for 4 seconds, otherwise your just wasting your time lifting tiny weights.

Good training method for training around injuries.

Ive done it before (5 years ago) and will be starting it again after my comp this weekend. Not looking forward to it haha!
Main lifts will be deads, squats and log press for me with high rep accessory work

I'm considering doing something similar just on weekends lol.

But the actual GVT program seems pretty good. Similar to Vince Gironda's 8 x 8 [MENTION=9251]Darkoz[/MENTION];

Ive been watching a girl on FB doing this. Anyone who can finish this program: hats off!

The difficulty is in the weight used.
Use a light weight, relative to your strength and its a piece of cake..
If you can get 10x10 then the weight is too light.

The Body for Life program is along the same lines with the 12 10 8 6 12 12 sets.

When i use to do it i felt a heap stronger