• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting sick too often

I agree with what Ghosty said, eat more, i had about 3 flu`s in 6 months was getting very annoying, was smashing the vitamins hard the whole time and sleeping good but it did stuff all, since that time i upper the calories in my diet to bulk up and the extra 1000 calories a day has stopped me catching any flu`s for over 5 months now, could be a coincidence but i dont reckon it is, your immune system is run down after hard training and lack of food would really run the body down when its already in a bad state.

Can't be bothered finding the studies showing that washing hands actually causes infections...

But it's a good read for all you washer hander ERs.

Do you have any studies that demonstrate that infections are prevented thru effective handwashing? I wonder which will be harder to find?

Last edited:
Do you have any studies that demonstrate that infections are prevented thru effective handwashing? I wonder which will be harder to find?

It's common sense really...

If both different parents have 2 identical kids...

Dirty kid: One kid plays in the dirt and has poor hygiene (doesn't wash hands, touches random things and puts his hand in mouth etc).

Clean kid: Kept in a house that is more sterilized than a fucking hospital getting prepared for a pandemic...

The dirty kid will have a stronger immune system as it has built a resistance to harmful bacteria, and the clean kids immune system wouldn't even know what bacteria is lol...

It's the same way people build up a resistance to antibiotics...

You wouldn't be able to find a reliable study as there would be way to many variables... Just follow the link I provided and read the studies of how all these antibacterial soaps are slowly becoming resistant, so in response stronger sterilizers would need to be used and so on... It's the same with everything for example; if you spray a cockroach with mortein and it survives and runs away, next time you will need to spray 10x more to kill it as it has become resistant to the chemicals. Same thing with spraying fruit and vegetables to avoid pests, they will become resistant and the poisons will no longer effect them therefore need to increase the potency...

You don't need studies to prove what I have said, its common Microbiology of how resistance develops...

Whether you wash your hands, sterilize your house, spray antibacterial products in your household is a choice up to you...

I am probably going to get attacked for this post by some random person as no one is allowed to have an opinion on this forum lately... and I seriously CBF putting up an argument against all you hygienic freaks out there...

That is all.

I've taken antibiotics once in my life 18 years ago. (im 25)
I get sick probably once every 2-3 years (usually flu or fever)
I can't remember the last time I went to the doctors
I never wash my hands (I'll demolish a bbq chicken with my hands 15 min after a workout without taking a shower on my way home)
I never give a shit who is around me
I never actively think about "hygene" or "cleanliness" when preparing food.

Go figure...

I've taken antibiotics once in my life 18 years ago. (im 25)
I get sick probably once every 2-3 years (usually flu or fever)
I can't remember the last time I went to the doctors
I never wash my hands (I'll demolish a bbq chicken with my hands 15 min after a workout without taking a shower on my way home)
I never give a shit who is around me
I never actively think about "hygene" or "cleanliness" when preparing food.

Go figure...

Exactly! Strong immune system...

You must of been the dirty kid in my example!

Yeah there is a thing as 'to clean' which is what Daniel is talking about, its true, you need kids need to have there immune systems prepared for when they get older by being exposed to dirt and whatnot.

Now i don't know anything about this but i reckon as we get older the ability of our immune system to be 'prepared/trained' depletes as its already been 'trained' as a child so its down to our eating/sleeping habits.

Eat and sleep well.

You are MORE susceptible to infection as you are younger, the more times you become infected by something, the better your immune system is at fighting it. Until you get meningitus, botulism, staph infections, e. coli OH157, the list goes on, the body has no natural defences for most the dangerous pathogenic bacteria, even after multiple infections (in some cases).

You will drive yourself crazy if you think about all the places you could get germs.

Every time you eat out, who knows who or what has touched your food.

If you walk into a room and someone has farted your breathing in that persons shit particles. Nice thought.

Best not to think about it too much.

Unless that person was naked and farted directly into your mouth, then you really don't have to worry.

(yes, studies have been done)

Unless that person was naked and farted directly into your mouth, then you really don't have to worry.

(yes, studies have been done)

What do you think the smell is. Small particles of shit getting up your nose so you can smell it.

I sincerely hope you are trolling me. As you could not possibly believe that.

Farts are a mixture of various gases and small fecal particles. It's obviously only an extremely tiny amount.

Bet no one saw the thread going down this path.

Farts are a mixture of various gases and small fecal particles.

Bet no one saw the thread going down this path.

Hydrogen sulfide is what makes farts smell, among other gases.

I have no doubt that farts are made of small fecal particles, but they are not small enough to pass through your shorts/pants/underwear. Even if they did, they would fall to the ground.

A molecule of hydrogen sulfide, on the other hand, IS small enough, at < 0.1X10-9 meters (most likely far smaller than that).

In other words, small enough to pass through your shorts, even E. coli, at around 0.5X10-6 meters, isn't small enough to pass through.

Stop digging this hole.

Hydrogen sulfide is what makes farts smell, among other gases.

I have no doubt that farts are made of small fecal particles, but they are not small enough to pass through your shorts/pants/underwear. Even if they did, they would fall to the ground.
what are you even arguing mate that's what I said.

I wasn't saying to seriously worry about it. It was a bit of a laugh.

Fart discussion end.

what are you even arguing mate that's what I said.

I wasn't saying to seriously worry about it. It was a bit of a laugh.

Fart discussion end.

Yes, but you said people breathe it in, it was wrong, now you and everyone else knows. Job is done.

No hard feelings, just doing my bit for the good of humanity.

Washing your hands does not cause infection, washing your hands with soap and hot water will reduce the bacteria on your hands by around 50%, washing with soap, then an ethanol based hand wash will remove 99% and washing your hands then leaving them damp will increase them by around 300%. This is from practicals done in first year microbiology. Not found using google.

Will quickly mention, wash your hands with cold water, not hot water (as a general rule, depending on where you work)..